The Event

Earthnut

That's fantastic news. It must be an absolute nightmare for the creative teams behind these shows to put something together when they have no idea how long they have to tell a decent story. Do you work as if the show will run for six, seven or eight seasons or do you anticipate a "Flashforward" and try to wrap everything up in a single season, maybe less. I don't envy them at all.

I'm really looking forward to seeing this tomorrow!

Eth

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say I'm enjoying it. I'm not quite as bowled over as I was with the early days of "Lost" but it's a very solid show and very enjoyable. I definitely get the X-Files vibe that others have mentioned and that's no bad thing to be honest. Of course it's also nice to see Heather McComb, DB Sweeney and Bill Smitrovich on the same show as well.

Eth

josew.gif

I get excited anytime I get to see D B Sweeney. He's a favorite of mine. He was in Criminal Minds too for a bit. :thumbsup:

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

• 3 weeks later...

Had to come back to this thread and state what a fantastic job Bill Smitrovich is doing portraying the Vice President on this show. He is really selling the character. :clapping::ouroborous:

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

Thanks for the article share Richard. Much appreciated.

I have to say I agree with Darlene. Bill Smitrovich is great in his role. If you head on to the link below there is a brief interview with Bill Smitrovich talking about his role on this show.

Eth

https://www.thedeadbolt.com/news/109084/hal_holbrook_bill_smitrovich_the_event_interview.php

josew.gif

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

I lost interest in this show after the first episode, i just can't get into it. Not my cup of tea and you would have thought it would be. lol Now there is a show coming on that i am looking forward to, it is called The Cape! :) I think it is going to be on NBC too.

Laura :)

I loved his last sentence, but I won't quote it, everyone will have to go read it for themselves.

He sure seems like a nice, down-to-Earth guy that has a degree in hard knocks like the rest of us. :ouroborous:

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

The only thing that irks me a little about "The Event" is how similar the style is to "Lost". It's almost as if they have taken the template and just tinkered with the story a little but "The Event" does jump around in the narrative far more than "Lost" ever did. My mother is watching this show at the moment and sometimes she finds it a little confusing as to where and when things are taking place but she handled Lost perfectly well and without a problem.

If you're getting into this show then check out the link to the blog below. It is supposed to be written by one of the characters in the show and it is said that if you follow it there are clues to be had as to what is happening in the main show.

Eth

https://truthseeker5314.com/

josew.gif