6 Religious films that will scare The Holy Ghost out of you!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It sure does Richard. I bought "Beyond The Door II" the other day for just 50p from a local market. Neither the second nor the third film in the trilogy were ever intended as sequels. Mario Brava's "Schock" became "Beyond The Door II" and "The Train" became "Beyond The Door III" with each film retitled to cash in on the success of the original film which was itself an attempt to cash in on "The Exorcist".

Here is the trailer for 'two' just in case anyone is interested.

Eth

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

Guest WaveCrest

Didn't know there were sequels to Beyond the Door. Thanks for sharing that Mark.

Haven't seen it yet, but is The Body a scary film? It stars Antonio Banderas and Derek Jacobi.

Not really Richard it's more of an intrigue/suspense film. It was derided by critics from what I can recall so I haven't gotten around to seeing it either but I do know the general gist of it is akin to Owls and Roosters in that evidence of Christ is discovered (this time his body, potentially) and various groups fight it out politically and philosophically as a result of it.

I also gather the pairing is a Mulder/Scully clone with Banderas as Mulder and Olivia Williams as Scully - not literally of course. :oneeyedwinK

Eth

josew.gif

Richard. "Amok Train" was retitled "Beyond The Door III". It has nothing to do with the first film (mind you neither does the second to be honest) and is simply an attempt to cash in on the popularity of the first. "Amok Train" isn't a bad film but start off with the original and the best of the franchise. Check out this R1 copy at Amazon from Code Red.

Eth

josew.gif

Watched "Frailty" and it was good, but didn't actually scare me.

One of the movies that ruffled my feathers is "The Ring."

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

"The Ring" is superb. I know some consider the US remake to be scarier than the original Japanese movie but as I was introduced to the franchise through the Japanese films I will always have a fondness for them.

Eth

josew.gif

Guest WaveCrest

Richard. "Amok Train" was retitled "Beyond The Door III".

Eth

My mistake. I meant that I looked for Beyond the Door III on Amazon.com, and found it was available on DVD under the title Amok Train.

There was talk of a remake or a further sequel to "Beyond The Door" in the not too distant past but I have no idea what happened to it. The company that was responsible for the announcement, Koa Films, have a website but this is down at the moment. It could be down permanently to be honest.

I quite like to see it remade with with a little less emphasis of copying "The Exorcist"

Eth

josew.gif