The Last Exorcism

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

Well it was cheap movie night at the theater last night so i took myself down there and plopped down my 3 bucks and took out my small loan for the concession stand and settled in to watch the latest horror flick. I love going to the movies by myself, i get my popcorn, coke and smuggled in candy and have 2 hours to myself. :)

I really really liked this movie, it wasn't because it was a big special effects movie or an academy award winning one but because I liked the atmosphere and mood of the movie, spooky. The characters were likeable and engaging and the story held your attention. It was just good old school horror, Not gory or over the top but a simple scare. :) Good movie that i will be buying when it comes out on DVD. :)

Laura :)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Laura how would you compare this to "The Exorcist"? I've only had the opportunity to see the trailer but it seemed to me like those who wrote it had put "The Exorcist" and "The Blair Witch Project" in a blender and this was the end result.

That said I'm really looking forward to it and if British forum members check out Sky News Active today they will see a report that states that horror films are doing really well at the moment. There's speculation that this is down to the dire state of the economy and a desire from people for a few thrills and spills. It states in the report that "The Last Exorcism" beat a Tom Cruise movie at the box office which just goes to show that the horror genre is as profitable and well as ever.

Bring on the weekend!

Eth

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

Guest WaveCrest

Will be seeing this tomorrow night. Am prepared for the shaky camerawork!

I'd read that Knight and Day didn't do as well at the US box office as hoped, and hadn't taken any notice of The Last Exorcism's performance at the box office. I hope it's better than A Haunting in Connecticut, which promised much but delivered little.

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

The Exorcist is a Masterpiece, in a class all by itself. :) Imagine The Last Exorcism as a little bit of The Exorcist, The Blair Witch Project and Rosemary's Baby all tossed together in a blender. :)

Laura :)

Well exorcism is definitely in vogue at the moment isn't it? The Exorcism of Emily Rose, Case 39, The Last Exorcist, Dominion, Legion, Blackwater Valley Exorcism, Behind The Wall and so on have all dealt with exorcisms and possession in the last few years alone.

I am told the ending of this is controversial in the sense that some people can't make sense of it so that's exciting me. I love ambiguities and films that require a little thinking.

I can't wait to read your reviews folks soon folks. :thumbsup:

Eth

josew.gif

Here's a great interview with Eli Roth talking about the rather unexpected success of this movie and as I mentioned above it really is music to my ears. The horror genre is in rude health at the moment and I'm sure you can all remember the abyss of new films at the box office after the slasher craze died out until "Scream" reinvigorated the genre a decade later. There's nothing finer than seeing horror on the big screen. There's no cinematic thrill like it IMHO and I'm delighted that there's such a thirst for it at the moment.

Let's keep it spooky folks.

Eth

:Pottsie:

josew.gif

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

Oh their sure is a cat in the movie, poor kitty. lol :( I liked the ending, im not sure i understand why people don't undetstand it , I thought it was true horror. lol :) Loved this movie, the more i think about it the more i love it. :) It is true horror, old horror, the kind that what you don't see scares you the most, the kind that you never really know someone, what they are really like or what they could be hiding, remember truth is scarier than fiction and the people next door are always more interesting than the monsters you know. lol :Pottsie: How can i keep forgetting Pottsie. :)

Spooky Laura :) and :Pottsie: