The Sandman TV series

model217

Neil Gaiman's The Sandman maybe coming to TV. Eric Kripke of Supernatural fame is going to develop it. If this is all true all I can say is wow. Just wow. Sandman is one of the few comics(graphic novels) I ever enjoyed. It sounds too good to be true.

https://livefeed.hollywoodreporter.com/2010/09/comic-icon-the-sandman-tv-series-in-works.html

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sandman is a work of art and I cannot imagine how it can be realised on the screen and get it right. Comic to film/TV adaptations are notoriously hit and miss and as this is such a classic work of the genre I hope every attempt is made to get it right.

However it is amazingly exciting news. Here's hoping they one day adapt Grant Morrison's "Doom Patrol" which is another comic run that should not be missed.

Eth

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

For those of you like me that never read comic books, this is one small section of the article explaining what the story is all about. It really does look like it will be a very entertaining show if it is done right. Like Mark said, "Sandman is a work of art and I cannot imagine how it can be realised on the screen and get it right. Comic to film/TV adaptations are notoriously hit and miss......."

Hope they pull it off. Here's the section:

“Sandman” told the tale of Morpheus, the Lord of the Dreaming, a deity who personifies dreams. The book began in the horror realm but quickly made its mark in fantasy and mythology as Gaiman introduced the Endless, a group of powerful brothers and sisters that includes Destiny, Death, Destruction, Despair, Desire and Delirium (as well as Dream).

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

• 9 months later...

https://journal.neilgaiman.com/2011/03/from-ice-storm.html

Quote "I saw a bunch of press about whether there is or isn't a Sandman TV series: as far as I know, nobody has actually optioned SANDMAN as a TV series from DC Comics, who own it. Eric Kripke (of Supernatural fame) pitched his approach to DC and to me last year, and we liked it and we liked him, but it didn't feel quite right at that point, so we passed".