The Body (2001)

Guest WaveCrest

Guest WaveCrest

Thought I'd start a separate thread for a religious themed film which I posted a question about in another thread in this folder.

Haven't seen it yet, but is The Body a scary film? It stars Antonio Banderas and Derek Jacobi.

Not really Richard it's more of an intrigue/suspense film. It was derided by critics from what I can recall so I haven't gotten around to seeing it either but I do know the general gist of it is akin to Owls and Roosters in that evidence of Christ is discovered (this time his body, potentially) and various groups fight it out politically and philosophically as a result of it.

I also gather the pairing is a Mulder/Scully clone with Banderas as Mulder and Olivia Williams as Scully - not literally of course. :oneeyedwinK

Eth

Can't find a trailer for The Body on YouTube.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a trailer folks. I have just noticed that Derek Jacobi is in this. I enjoy his work so maybe I will give it a go despite some of the poor reviews it received. On the other hand I've always found Antonio a little hard to take seriously as an actor. I don't know why quite what it is but he never seems like he belongs in any of the films he has been in. I can't quite explain it.

Oh well, here's the trailer.

Eth

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

"The Body" is fantastic, I've seen it a number of times and loved it every time. Richard, I recommend it highly; it's a must see. Just think about the repercussion all over the world if the crucified body they found was the body of Jesus. Oh my. I feel they did an excellent job in bringing this to the screen.

I like Antonia Banderas and feel he is a very good actor. Maybe the problem is with some of the parts that he as played, where someone else may have been more suited to the role.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

Oh I'm so glad someone here can recommend one way or another. I have only read reviews of this and some were favourable and others were less so and to be truthful I should make up my own mind instead of paying attention to them.

I'm going to see if I can track this down and when I've had a chance to see it I'll let you know what I think.

Thanks for the recommendation Darlene.

Eth

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png