X-Files 3 - One Step Closer?

Rate this topic

No doubt you've seen this but if you haven't, here's a link to an article that's gone online at Popcorn Monster. Here's how it goes: David and Chris at a baseball game, a fan, a nod, a letter to Big Light and kaboom there's speculation that we are one step closer to a third X-Files movie. Now call me Scully but I didn't get that impression from what Chris Carter is alleged to have done. I took it more as 'fingers crossed' kind of thing but then again I wasn't there.

But who cares, we have little to get giddy about these days. Let's crack open the champagne all the same eh?

Eth

I agree, champagne all around, with or without a 3rd X-File movie. :drunk: Being a member of this awesome group is enough for me to celebrate, but someone needs to keep a watchful eye on the Spook, :ghost2: she may think the champagne is soda pop and it's :Pottsie:'s birthday celebration. :signlol:

Guest lilblackgirl

Count me as excited too.

I've always gotten the feeling that David, after all of those years on XF, just really misses Fox and maybe realizes that Fox will probably be the biggest and most important character he'll ever play.

Now i love Hank, but i don't think he'll ever be as great as Fox. So I, personally, believe that he'll always be up for playing Fox again. No matter how many more movies they make.

As for Chris, I kind of see the thumbs up thing around the fan as almost the same thing that Lance does with us. "It'll happen, they're working on it", etc. It appeases us as rabid fans and leaves it open if it really ever happens. If it doesn't, no one's to blame.

Regardless, i love em all. Lance, David, Chris and only have high hopes for the best.

I agree with you that the 'thumbs up' thing is akin to a 'a Millennium Movie is on the cards' kinda thing. Now I was giving this some thought and I wondered, if 20th Century Fox concluded, in their wisdom, that a third X-Files film was not viable there's no guarantee they would tell Chris Carter anyway is there? It's not as though he was guaranteed a third cinematic outing by the studio, the only reason there's even talk of a third film is because the hardcore fans still consider the colonisation storyline unresolved. The casual movie goers and most likely the studio probably don't care a great deal about that. What I'm basically saying is that I can't ever envisage a studio saying 'we are not going to make that film we had never planned to make anyway'. I guess the 'thumbs up' scenario could go on for the XF fans as long as it has for us (2001 was the first time I recall Lance confirming a Millennium movie so that's a good nine years by my reckoning).

That said, I will join you folk in champagne.

Eth