Haven

The Old Man

• Elders (Admins)

Haven starts on October 7th in the UK on Sy Fy.

https://www.syfy.co.u...-whats-big-idea

https://tv.sky.com/uk-exclusive-haven-first-look

Sounds good! I love the small town settings and characters in King's books.

Haven_Keyart.jpg

• Thank you for not contributing to the spread of fake or inaccurate content, speculation or false information especially in relation to current worldwide health events.
  • Need help? For technical related issues, please use our Support Forum.
  • To report spam or inappropriate content, please use the Report option which flags all community Elders and autohides the content if multiple reports are received before site staff can respond directly.

This looks great. I hadn't heard of this so thanks for sharing Graham. I am curious to know exactly how it will place some distance between itself and The X-Files. I'm getting an XF meets Twin Peaks kind of vibe from reading what's available. This type of show is certainly enjoying something of a renaissance of late isn't it? I remember when XF hit the big time there there was a slew of similar shows that came and went whilst XF ruled supreme and it seemed that the formula had run its course but the amount of shows I have read about of late that have included some reference to the X-Files is growing daily.

Popcorn? Check. Shandy? Check. That's a date then. Haven here I come.

Eth

• Like 1

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

I personally am not a big fan of Stephen King, but this looks like it might be really good. Here's hoping. Is it just in the UK? If so, please let us in the rest of the world know what you think after watching it. :oneeyedwinK

• Like 1

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

• Elders (Admins)

This does look interesting. I must remember to write a note to remind me to watch.

Earthnut, from what I can see on imdb, it debuted in early July, but it seems to be a mostly Canadian production filmed in Nova Scotia. Maybe it's already available over in the US, in which case if you find it on a TV channel there, you could give us over here a heads up about it. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Libby

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Terry Pratchett

I had a little look around and as Libby said it debuted on July 9, 2010, on Syfy so it should still be airing on the channel as we speak Darlene. Here's the US website for the show and it would seem that you can watch episodes online as well as keep abreast of when the next one is due to air.

Eth

josew.gif

It absolutely amazes me that I never noticed it, and don't even remember it being advertised. At least we can watch 4 episodes online, that's a good start.

Thanks for the info. :notworthy:

I noticed Chiller isn't showing MLM right now; they're showing Six Feet Under in that time slot. :mad:

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

• 3 weeks later...

I may have been a bit hasty in giving up on this show. I just watched the last four episodes and they really are quite good. I guess I thought it was going to be more like American Gothic. That and the episode with the taxidermist was a bit bizarre.

Hi folks. I've seen the first episode of this and I enjoyed it. I wasn't bowled over by it but I enjoyed it. I did struggle a little to buy into the idea of Emily Rose as an FBI agent but other than that the script and the actors were competent. I shall certainly be carrying on with this and hopefully it will continue to keep my interest. I also noted the similarity to The X-Files "Rain King" in terms of a female character who can manipulate the weather with her emotions but then all shows seem to touch upon something to do with The X-Files these days.

Not bad, not brilliant but I'll certainly give it a go.

Eth

josew.gif

Now that's great news. Here's hoping this is going to be given the room to grow and find its identity and hopefully blossom into a really enduring genre show. There are two many Flashforwards these days with networks axing shows before they have had a chance to tell their story to I'm delighted SyFy are showing some backbone and have some faith in their product.

Congratulations to them on this success.

Eth

josew.gif