Buried (2010)

ethsnafu

Paul is a U.S. contractor working in Iraq. After an attack by a group of Iraqis he wakes to find he is buried alive inside a coffin. With only a lighter and a cell phone it's a race against time to escape this claustrophobic death trap.

I wanted to start a thread about this film and did check to see if anyone already had. If I've overlooked a thread I do apologise. I am a huge fan of single location films and for all intents and purposes it would seem that this one takes place entirely in a box beneath the ground with out protagonist desperate to escape. It's no mean feat to have one man and one location but from the reviews it sounds like they have done an awesome job as people are incredibly positive about this film. If the thought of being buried alive is your worst nightmare then this one is bound to scare the bejesus out of you.

It's currently getting a limited theatrical release and I have no idea if it will come to the UK or not but I am really looking forward to this and can't wait for news of a DVD release. Here's the website, below is a trailer and a poster. Look superb don't you think?

Eth

poster_2.jpg

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They did something similar on CSI called "Grave Digger," where Nick Stokes is buried alive. It's a frightening thought and naturally not one of my favorite subjects, but this movie does intrigue me as to why it's happening. I couldn't see the end of Awake, I literally had to turn it off. :yucky: Being alive and awake on a table when you are about to be embalmed is not something I care to see. Talk about either no sleep or nightmares. :woot:

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

Does anyone recall the anthology show (might have been Twilight Zone, not sure) that featured a story of a woman in prison who buys her way out of jail by making a deal the prison undertaker to bury her and then dig her up the following day. Anyhow she creeps into the coffin with the dead body as planned and the and the next day whilst waiting for him to come and get her she flicks on her lighter only to realise that he is the body in the coffin. No one knows she is there. No on is coming.

It scared the living daylights out of me I have to say. :blink:

Eth

josew.gif

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

Oh Lordy i remember that episode it was either Twilight Zone or Tales from the Darkside i think, It scared me to death and being buried alive is one of my biggest fear along with my kids never moving out but that is another thread, lol i am looking forward to seeing the movie and i hope we get it. Love the poster too. :)

Laura :)

Mark, OMG, I don't have to see the episode, just reading about it scared the bajeppers out of me. :woot:

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

It has stuck in my memory al;l these years Darlene because it was such a chilling episode. Some of those shows had some really spooky stories to tell. I always remember the "Royal Jelly" story from "Tales Of The Unexpected" which was a British version of "Twilight Zone" (sort of) and the ending of that still spooks me to think of it.

It would seem the idea of "Buried" is causing one or two to people to do the same thing we are doing here and recall other 'buried alive' stories and here's a list that's been compiled of the top eight buried alive moments of all time and strangely enough the second comment makes mention of the same story I told. It would seem that episode got under other people's skins as well.

Enjoy.

Eth

PS There's also a great interview with the director of the film here. I absolutely cannot wait to see this, it sounds fantastic.

josew.gif

Guest WaveCrest

Oh, so that's the dizzying movie poster for Buried! Saw a poster on the IMDb for it recently, similar with the angles but in colour and with an image of Ryan Reynolds in the coffin. This film seemed to come out of nowhere, but in the past couple of weeks the ads for it have been appearing often on the telly. Even though the mention of Ryan Reynolds sends alarm bells ringing I will probably be seeing this at the cinema.

I've been reading great reviews of this in the British press. I checked Cineworld for Sheffield and it was only scheduled to be shown on two nights last week and both of those I was busy. That said it does seem to have been a bit of a sleeper hit coming, as you said, from out of nowhere. I expect dates will have been added by now.

Eth

josew.gif