Urban Legends and Viral Images

I'm a sucker for Urban Legends. I absolutely love them and this is the sort of modern day equivalent of such things. Viral images are images that get passed around the web as there is something so intriguing or odd about them you have to share. In the same way as urban legends were proliferated as stories, viral images spread amongst friends and soon become the most talked about images on the internet. Here is a collection of viral images. Some are genuine, so may have been faked but all have caused a stir at some time or other.

Have a look folks, they're great fun.

Eth

Be aware that some of the images a tad on the gruesome side OK folks. :oneeyedwinK

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

Me too Mark, i love Urban Legends. :) I loved looking at the slides, lol some were just ridiculous lol some i had seen or heard of before. there is a show over here called Urban Legends, not the movie, but a series on tv that shows different Urban Legends and they tell which ones are true or not. :) Thanks for sharing. :)

Laura :)

I've seen most of them but stopped at the Brain Maggots/Sushi Worms. :yucky: I had enough after seeing that. Seeing Sarah Palin in a bikini, even a fake picture was creepy :woot:, and the Dead Wife Coffee Table. Oh my :rip:

Glad the moose survived the wire. :clapping:

The tan and white BIG cat is owned by a niece of my girlfriend in Arizona. Not sure where the niece lives. Big cat. :blink:

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

The one that spooked me when I first saw it was 9/11 Tourist with the chap supposedly atop the twin towers as the plan was looming into view in the background of the picture. That really gave me the shudders. I was very relived when it turned out to be fake. Another very famous one that did the rounds was the 'ghost under the bed' picture that came in the form of an email chain letter. And here it is with the spooky story that went with it.

Make up your own minds.

Eth

Subject: Fwd: FW: Fwd: Fw: Read before opening picture

True or not - this is pretty creepy - & just in time for Halloween!

Subject: FW: Read before opening picture

This photo was taken in a hospital after the patient in the bed was in an accident where he was responsible for a young woman's death.

It is said that when you receive this image and do not send it to at east five people, the woman will look for you during the night to collect your soul.

A couple in a western suburb area of Sydney received the message and deleted the picture without sending it to at least five people. This couple was murdered by their 15 year old neighbor who claims to have been possessed by the woman. A 28 year old woman in Whittlesay Road, Cambridgeshire, England, was run down by a car driven by another female that fit the description of the woman in the photograph, the police investigation revealed that the murdered lady had received this picture only 4 hours before her untimely death and did not pass it on to at least 5 people.

ghost-under-bed.jpg

Before anyone panics it is, indeed, fake as you no doubt suspected. The image is derived from the DVD cover illustration for a 2003 Thai horror film entitled Bankok Haunted 2: The Unborn. Although the picture in the hoax image has been reversed, it is clearly the same image. Here's another example of a so called 'ghost letter' that worried a few people back in its day.

Eth

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

It's definitely creepy. Hope I get some sleep tonight. :woot:

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)