The Most Mysterious TV Shows Ever

Rate this topic

Here's a new list that's been created for the most mysterious TV shows of all time and out sister franchise "The X-Files" makes the list at a very respectable number three. "The Event" tops the list at number one and as I haven't seen it I have no idea if it's that mysterious or not but some on the list are a little debatable and no entry for Millennium? C'mon folks, it should have have been there. Oh well.

Eth

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

I don't think The Event should have been at the top of the list, ive been watching it and im not impressed, i figured out what it was all about from the first show. lol Im sure you will be able to also. :)

Laura :)

Now Scooby Doo i agree with. lol :) should have been number one. :) :Pottsie:

I am enjoying The Event, and have it somewhat figured out, but no doubt there will be some twists on the way. And I agree, it shouldn't be #1 on this list, but Scooby Doo? Number one? I think our user names are switched, you're more of a nut and I am definitely spooky. :teehee:

Now Mark's user name is another subject. I understand the snafu, but never could figure out the Eth part. :suspect:

Wonder why The Outer Limits isn't on the list. 24 always kept us on our toes too. Oh well. Hey, let's start OUR top 10 most mysterious TV shows of all time. :wiggle:

Super idea. There's no way I would have put those shows on my own list in that order so here's how my choices would look folks. I'm going to pick a top ten in no particular order if that's OK because I really do struggle to order things by preference.

1) The Twilight Zone

2) Tales Of The Unexpected

3) Lost <- Definitely one huge mystery to me and one which hasn't really abated since the conclusion.

4) The X-Files

5) Twin Peaks

6) Millennium

7) Carnivale

8) Ultra Violet

9) Tales From The Crypt

10) Kolchak

Actually there's loads I can think of but I only had ten choices. :embarassed:

Eth

Excellent choices Mark, and I too struggle to put things in an order of preference. There's always so many in the top slots. Out of all of the ones you posted, I would still have to put Millennium, X-Files, and Twilight Zone at the top and add One Step Beyond and The Outer Limits (original series). Wow, there's my top 5 and in no particular order. :whistling:

I also thought of a television play by the name of "The Stone Tape". This play was written by Nigel Kneale who most people recall for creating Quatermass and it caused quite a stir when it was shown back in 1972 as a Christmas Ghost Story - a tradition the BBC no longer continue. It was released in 2001 as a DVD and I managed to get a copy of it although I think it's very hard to find a copy these days. It's essentially a very, very spooky ghost story and I would imagine it really did the business on the audience back in the day as it still holds up very well today.

I've noticed that it's now available on Youtube. Below is the first part and you can take it from there if you fancy watching.

Eth

Guest WaveCrest

The most mysterious TV shows of all time and they put "The Event" at number one?! It's not long started in the US! This sounds like one of those compilation lists, made by people who have short memories. Only two or three episodes of "The Event" have aired in the US so far, compared to just over 65 episodes of Millennium and 200 episodes of The X Files!

• Elders (Moderators)

Yeah, and the writer says, that "Fringe" is more original than the last two seasons of the X-Files. Well, if he would have watched seasons 8 and 9 with more care, he wouldn´t have said such a thing. I mean "Fringe"-Parallel-World original? Ever saw "4-D" from X-Files season 9? Mutated creatures in sewers? Parasites growing inside a human body? Shapeshifters? Yeah, very original, not like the X-Files...:oneeyedwinK

Guest WaveCrest

Just had a look at the list of 9 shows in the linked article. The X Files very dull and repetitive in it's last two seasons? I'm going to burst a blood vessel! :ranting: Well at least Twin Peaks was in there and with no unfair observations. But no Millennium and Unsolved Mysteries (granted it wasn't a drama series, but it had tales of mystery)?

I've read about The Stone Tape somewhere recently Mark. Without playing the first part, is that famous cake maker Jane Asher in the video screen?