Brimstone: "Millennium became a 10,000 lb albatross around our neck."

Rate this topic

ethsnafu

Hi folks,

I know some of you may have seen "Brimstone". I recall some of it but it never engaged me enough to retain much knowledge of it but it was a show that suffered an even crueller fate than Millennium after it was yanked during its first season after failing to secure ratings. I know people who enjoyed the show have continued to voice their passion for a DVD release of it but Warner Home Video have consistently said they have no intention of releasing it at present. At least we fared better than that eh folks? Here's an interview with the creators of that show in which they talk about the difficulties they experienced as the show aired immediately after Millennium and somewhat struggled in its shadow.

Interesting read but it might be even more interesting to you guys especially if you enjoyed the show.

Eth

Edited by The Old Man
Added tag and Brimstone to title for SEO

BEER----> It was a good program and yes it was dark and yes I wish it would have wasn't cancelled. Whatever their reasoning of being cancelled might be good in their minds, but not releasing a CD is weak. They would turn a dime by releasing it to the public.

BELCH

It's replaced Millennium hasn't it Richard? It's towards the end of the season now I think and it's airing all over the schedules from prime-time to graveyard slots. Evidently it hasn't found an audience on horror or it would have been granted a more stable schedule.

Eth

Great show. I didn't realize that there wasn't a DVD. In that case I need to record them before they get lost forever like Good vs. Evil.

Peter Horton was definitely born to play Ezekiel Stone as was John Glover the Devil. Great casting there.

Guest thadarkside

Great show. I didn't realize that there wasn't a DVD. In that case I need to record them before they get lost forever like Good vs. Evil.

Peter Horton was definitely born to play Ezekiel Stone as was John Glover the Devil. Great casting there.

Model,

Check this thread I started a while ago about Brimstone..

I recorded 2 interviews with the creators of the show. Great guys!

Guest WaveCrest

It's replaced Millennium hasn't it Richard? It's towards the end of the season now I think and it's airing all over the schedules from prime-time to graveyard slots. Evidently it hasn't found an audience on horror or it would have been granted a more stable schedule.

Eth

Yep, Millennium isn't in the schedules. Haunted has returned as well. I need to double check, but Brimstone is being shown at the weekends on Horror channel.

I have not seen the show, but from what I've read it sounds like it makes most of the evil in MIllennium seem subtle, or maybe it is fairer to say that Brimstone's definition of evil is much more specific and defined.

It seems kind of confusing as to why Fox would put forth another show that focuses on things that basically led to the cancelation MIllennium?

Again, I have not yet seen it, but I'm a bit more curious now!

:rock2: