X-File The Musical To Open?

Hi folks,

I guess you are wondering if you read the title of the topic correctly right? Well yes you did but don't be expecting this to star Gillian and David some time soon. Here's the low-down.

In the summer of 2009, about 40 thespians got together in a Lincoln backyard to perform "Jurassic Park: The Musical."

Last week, Mark Hennings, the guy who shot the play, posted the video on Vimeo, and it went viral overnight, such popular pop culture blogs as The Daily What and Slash Film raving about it.

The musical came from the Colonel Mustard Amateur Attic Theater Company, which has performed six plays in Lincoln. The company began in 2007 in the attic of a mustard-colored house near Ninth and D.

"This was wonderful validation for all of us," said Lindsay Kerns, one of the company's founders. "We're doing this because it's fun and awesome, but it is nice to get some broad validation. It's fun for us to think that we've made thousands of people laugh now. That's something we can be really proud of."

Kerns, who moved to L.A. following the company's August production, "Dr. Quinn: The Musical," said despite mounting geographical difficulties, there will be future Colonel Mustard productions in Lincoln.

Slated for summer 2011 ... "The X-Files: The Musical."

Curious? I thought you might be. You can watch their previous efforts below.

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are hysterical. I am so looking forward to the X-Files musical. That may very well be the icing on the cake. :clapping:

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

• 1 month later...

There's a Simpsons episode of the X-Files? I know that sounds obtuse but I really do not like the Simpsons after years of being forced to watch episode after episode when my brother and I still lived at our parents home. That said, I may be willing to make an exception for Mulder and Scully. Is it an X-Files homage or is it an episode that features a cameo appearance for M&S? I don't think I could struggle through an entire episode just for a brief view but I could manage it if there's a sizeable amount of XF references to enjoy.

Eth

josew.gif

I'm one of those people that never enjoyed "The Simpsons," and I have no idea why. Guess my sense of humor is different or altered. Maybe it's the anti Marburg injection I got right after joining the forums.

I haven't seen the XF spoof, but I have seen the one spoofing Star Wars and thoroughly enjoyed it. I wonder if it's posted anywhere to view. :whistling:

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

Well thankfully I am not alone. Saying you don't enjoy the Simpsons is much like confessing to a war crime, most people are stunned that the words could come out of your mouth. My father and brother adore the show and used to drive me crackers with their Homer impersonations. Thankfully the days of sharing the TV are long gone.

I had a look around and managed to find the Simpsons episode that spoofed the X-Files so if anyone is curious and wants to watch it you can do so using the following link.

https://vodpod.com/watch/2380911-simpsons-episode-810-the-springfield-files

Eth

josew.gif

Well thankfully I am not alone. Saying you don't enjoy the Simpsons is much like confessing to a war crime, most people are stunned that the words could come out of your mouth. My father and brother adore the show and used to drive me crackers with their Homer impersonations. Thankfully the days of sharing the TV are long gone.

I had a look around and managed to find the Simpsons episode that spoofed the X-Files so if anyone is curious and wants to watch it you can do so using the following link.

https://vodpod.com/watch/2380911-simpsons-episode-810-the-springfield-files

Eth

josew.gif

Season 8, episode 10, called "The Springfield Files." Gillian, David, AND Leonard Nimoy all vocally starred in it. It was good. I'm not a fan of the show either, but I do find some of the subtle humor catchy, as well as the spoof episodes. One in particular is the Free Willy episode where Lisa lets a dolphin go, who comes back with dolphin hordes and takes over humanity. Crazy stuff!

:rock2:

Alf%26Marvin.png

Although I don't have so much as a working knowledge of The Simpsons I do remember reading about the scene I have posted above which appeared in the XF episode. It's supposed to have been one of the most illegal shots in the show's history. The reason being that they did not have clearance to use any of the characters depicted in it. I guess it's a testimony to the power and popularity of The Simpsons that no one sued.

I guess that's enough of the yellow folk from me for one day.

Eth

josew.gif

Guest Mikal C Johnson  KtCym ECA

Yeah, The Springfield Files is worth watching, even if just for when Mulder lets his soliloquy go... and for the "Good Morning Starshine" bit. Pure cheese.