Gemini Rising and Shriekfest 2010

Rate this topic

Guest teedub

Guest teedub

This is the only picture I could find of Lance at Shriekfest 2010. He was there October 1 for the West Coast / LA premiere of "Cyrus: Mind of a Serial Killer."

And this is just an aside, but it looks like he was given a real Marine Corps shave for "Gemini Rising." Hope it's not cold in LA. :laugh:

(Photo from Benjamin Pollack's Facebook page, Filmmaking From Script Through Distribution.)

36148_163817176964666_147662058580178_560620_852550_n.jpg

That's a superb picture, thanks so much for sharing. One of my Facebook chums went and had the chance to speak with him and I've been following his comments today and yesterday and it sounds like he had an absolute blast. I hope we get a sneak peak at the new look. I haven't been able to find out very much about "Gemini Rising" so I'm looking forward to some substantial info about the film. :oneeyedwinK

Eth

Guest teedub

Just a reminder. Not my photo. I wasn't able to fly out to this film fest, sadly. Too liitle notice and not enough dough. :-(

LOL, beerbelch! Thankfully I don't look like Woody Harrelson since I'm missing that pesky Y chromosome and all. ;-)

Mark, I haven't been able to find a thing on Gemini Rising either. There was a book by that name in the 1980s, but this may have nothing to do with the film.

I'm fascinated to know what sort of role he has in the film. It's always exciting to hear they type of performance we can look forward to. Since he has had his hair shaved I would assume he is playing a marine? I guess he would have to be portraying a younger man in the film as I am sure I read that retirement from the marines is compulsory a month after an individual reaches 64 and that it's unusual to have active marines of this age anyway.

I didn't know there was a book of the same name Teedub. I had a look and it would seem that the main protagonists of that story are female so if it is based on the story then I would assume Lance is in a supporting role for this.

That said, that's all wondering aloud isn't it? :oneeyedwinK

Eth

Guest teedub

He is playing a Marine Corps general so that would answer the age factor. The book's plot doesn't sound like a match, though. Other star in the film is John Savage. Can't remember the woman in it. It'll hit me later. How I LOVE middle age. :-/

It's later. Amy Hathaway! (No, not Anne.)

Edited by teedub

Guest teedub

Moderate success in proving this movie exists. :biggrin:

You know you're low budget when you're casting off of Craigslist! :ohmy:

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/tlg/1978783927.html

And should this Craigslist ad get deleted eventually, it said:

8-10 yr old looking girl familiar with ballet (southern california)

Date: 2010-09-28, 3:35PM PDT

Reply to: geminirisingproduction@gmail.com [Errors when replying to ads?]

Hi,

Looking for an 8-10 year old girl (or a girl who appears this age) who knows ballet and is able to balance on point and mimic our actress (does not need to do this well)... Can be SAG or non-union. This is a SAG low-budget sci-fi/action feature entitled "Gemini Rising". Starring Lance Henrickson, John Savage, Amy Hathaway, Brian Krause and others. Director is Dana Schroeder. DP Keith Smith. Submit to the email address above. Looking to cast quickly. This scene shoots Friday Oct. 1st.

Thank you,

Elizabeth

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
  • Compensation: SAG and non-union wages

PostingID: 1978783927

Well, well, well: seems we went from nothing to something fairly quickly. Nice find teedub. I found two more.

Date: 2010-10-03, 9:22PM PDT

Looking for non-union actress 30-40 to play a comatose woman in an infirmary. She is topless in the scene, and implants preferred [Eth speaking -> :rolleyes:] (sorry to be so graphic, but that's what is needed). We are shooting at Linda Vista Hospital. This is for a legit sci-fi/action feature. Actress will have no lines, but character is poignant to the storyline. This scene shoots tomorrow, Monday, and also on a pick-up day still tbd. Please submit to the email above asap, as we are casting quickly.

Thanks!

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

* Compensation: TBD

PostingID: 1987540676

And one more for your perusal.

Date: 2010-09-24, 8:05PM PDT

Hi!

I'm booking non-union background for tomorrow, Monday, Tuesday and Oct. 1st to play prisoners. I only need 2, kinda bigger guys.... height-wise.... can be thin.... very featured. In a low-budget feature film, starring Lance Henrickson... John Savage.... directed by Dana Schroeder, DP Keith Smith.

Please send pic to above address. Booking immediately.

Thanks!

Elizabeth

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

* Compensation: non-union wages 64/8 +overtime

PostingID: 1972289531

Hmmmm. Who'd have thought craigslist would be such a hotbed of acting talent. In all seriousness folks. I wonder if they are spelling his name wrong without realising or if he is receiving an alternative credit on this film.

Eth

Guest teedub

Good catch on the spelling! Could go either way.

And LOL on that first one. Because yeah, you know, most coma patients are laying in bed topless. :rolleyes: