The Walking Dead

Guest Laurent.

Guest Laurent.

Alrighty then! Halloween is coming fast and I'm getting ready for the Walking Dead premiere!

The trailer has been out for over a month now, but it is still worth posting here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg46DWI_fCE

(sorry if there's a commercial before the video)

Plus, the series also stars Laurie Holden (X-Files' Marita Covarrubias) and Michelle MacLaren (X-files' director and producer) gets a turn in the director chair.

I guess I'll be talking a lot about this series once it's on the air, so get ready for some zombie time!

P.S. Doesn't the last song ring a bell with other X-Files fan?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi folks,

I have a habit of trying hard not to get excited about forthcoming shows as invariably all the ones I like are axed. That said I have made an exception in this case as it looks superb. Kudos on the zombie make-up which can really make or break a zombie story for me but in this case looks superb but then it ought to as it was done by one Gregory Nicotero who won an Academy Award for his work The Chronicles of Narnia.

Now the producer of this has already stated that a second season of this has been OK'd with a view to making every season after the first thirteen episodes long. This has been denied by the studios however but I really hope it gets a chance to run. The comic book it was based upon ran for some considerable time so there is a wealth of material for further outings.

Let's keep our fingers crossed eh?

Ethth_AnimatedZombie.gif

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

"I have a habit of trying hard not to get excited about forthcoming shows as invariably all the ones I like are axed. That said I have made an exception in this case as it looks superb."

Eth

I totally agree with you Mark, and that's saying something since I'm not a big fan of the walking dead. This really looks good, and well made.

Love the little zombie. Is there any way it cabn be a permanent Emoticon? Same with the puppy and kitten that I saw on another thread.

Laurent, I've missed your eye following me. Glad to see you again. :whistling:

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Laurent.

Alright, Halloween's behind us already and The Walking Dead premiered yesterday on AMC.

Sad thing is, I can't get AMC in Québec.

Great thing is, the reviews (of both fans and critics) are amazing.

I'll find some way of watching the pilot in the next week. Meanwhile, did anyone here got a chance to catch it?

Guest Charger

This without a doubt is going to be one of the greatest shows ever made! Come on...Zombies...what more do you need!??!:kickin:

I just hope we'll be getting this soon here in Finland...I can't wait!

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

OMG watched this last night and OMG its amazing, I love it! I heard it got the highest ratings of a premiere on AMC so far this year. You UK guys are gonna love it!!! Frank liked it soooo much he even tweeted about it and that never happens. LOL

Laura :)

Believe it or believe it not I've actually been getting emails about this show and people are raving about it. I can't think of a show in a recent memory that people were as psyched up for. It's s shame they are airing this in the UK on Bonfire Night but that's nothing SKY+ can't take care of.

I'll pop back with my thoughts when I've seen it but I am expecting great things from this show based on the reviews.

Eth

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png