The Walking Dead

Guest Laurent.

Guest WaveCrest

The TV Times magazine included The Walking Dead in their Pick of the Day for this Friday, when they don't cover FX in their listings! They gave the first episode 5 out of 5 stars. I don't always agree with their marks out of 5 stars (sometimes they get it wrong, but then again it's open to differing viewpoints).

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone on Facebook seems to have loved it to and "Deen Of Geek" came out and said that it was the best opening episode of a TV series 'ever'. Now that's some praise and a lot of expectation to live up to for the second episode.

Eth

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

At the suggestion of my favorite comic shop owner, I picked up The Walking Dead Vol.1 TPB while up in the US (though probably should've gotten the larger omnibus collection however my suitcases were a little overloaded), read it last weekend while bussing around Mexico for el dia de los muertos, fully prepared to see it air here on Nov 1st. Solid pilot/premiere. Decent rewriting to better make it work on screen vs. the comic. Though at the same time I wasn't necessarily blown away by the tv adaptation either. Good but not great, though I suspect we'll see much more meaty stuff in episodes to come... :D

joys are often the shadows cast by sorrows...

That's the first less than stellar review I have read Bruno, I'm interested to know why it didn't push your buttons. I have to confess I am prepared to be fully disappointed. They hype surrounding the first episode is quite considerable and I rather wish I have seen it blind like US viewers rather than have had my anticipation stoked.

If you head on over to the leak below there is a sneak peak of episode two (at least if you're in the US there is) and some promo images from the episode. It's nice to see Marita Covarrubias Laurie Holden on screen again.

Eth

https://www.dreadcentral.com/news/40679/walking-dead-images-episode-2

josew.gif

Guest WaveCrest

I've been used to watching George A. Romero's zombie films, and whilst they have some gut-churning gore and violence in them, I do kind of like them. I read something on Digital Spy recently saying The Walking Dead contains some really strong gore in it. Was this true with the first episode? I will likely see at least the first episode, because Andrew Lincoln (who was very good in the UK paranormal drama series Afterlife) and Laurie Holden (the last thing I saw her in was the Silent Hill movie) are in the cast.

Guest Laurent.

I watched the premiere for a second time today. I've got to say, I'm not as ecstatic as some reviewer. Definitely a great show, amazing production value, direction, acting and writing. Just seem a bit... cliché. Can't wait to see the second episode though, because the end of the pilot was pretty impressive and I'm sure that the series has a few surprise in store.

Here's a review of the second episode folks and though it does rate the second episode as marginally less successful than the first, it does credit it as damn fine television. Let's hope the series maintains the quality all the way through and I'm guessing we have a new 'classic' on our hands.

Eth

https://www.denofgeek.com/television/675795/the_walking_dead_episode_2_review_guts.html

josew.gif