The Unoffical Return

Rate this topic

Been wondering about the what ifs?

If someone gives Chris Carter a greenlight to bring MM back either Movie or Series, what will it be about. Where would it take place? Just for entertainment purposes what do you all think? I would like to see Peter Watts back or maybe Lara Means. Maybe even trying to fit Catherine in there via flashbacks. I know Chris will do a wonderful job with the direction of the story. If this happens i am hoping 05/06

Guest Seraphim

Well, the numbering of years being based on Christianity opens up a lot of posibilities. The year is not exactly know, so maybe it has not really been 2000 years yet. The "real" millennium may have come and gone in the 90's =P

Guest Regan MacNeil

If Millennium did come back as a series or film, I hope they don't pick up where the original series left off, I hope they take the opportunity to start fresh. I think the show got really mixed up that last season, plus, I think people who hadn't seen the show before would be really lost with all the mythology. Also, none of the original chacters could return except Frank and Jordan: Bletcher's dead, Catherine's dead, Watts's dead, Lara's crazy, Emma betrayed him...There's also the fact that Raven Wolf mentioned, that it's 2004 already and the whole "turn of the Millennium" thing wouldn't really work. I think they should just start fresh, bring back all or most of the characters and make a show about the dark side of humanity and true evil.

Guest fledgling666

no, no, no, i disagree. even though there were changes made in each turn of the seasons, it is still the story. even though some people might not like the way the story went, it is still the story. it had a beginning and it had it's untimely end, but it is set in stone as it is now. whatever new story might come out of this will have to be current, of course, but it should play on those old stories at least a little. now, most of the Millennium Group has been killed-off, so that's a bad lane, but the fact that there are groups in the world right now doing just what they did, maybe more blatantly, but nonetheless, is enough to keep a vein going similar to the Millennium Group. now, i'm not saying it should be all cheezy and just start a new story with a replacement group, but something involving delving into some similar mythos. maybe even go back to the Millennium Group, or some of it's members continuing the movement underground. maybe hired-out to terrorist organisations that are also "forcing the end." etc.

i just hope it doesn't turn into another Se7en. Se7en was good, don't get me wrong, it was one of the best films ever made, but it only needs to be made once. i have this bad habit when i see a film that is too similar to another film, i say "i liked it better when it was called ________."

i just don't wanna see yet another dark cop movie, either, it has to have more, it has to be something that draws me in, all inclusive, scares me to the point that i think what transpires across the screen can possibly happen, but with that underlying evil, not just in men's hearts but eminating from them, not just in men's actions but behind them, almost like another being, standing behind with one hand on their shoulder and one hand gripped tightly around their heart. something vaguely mythical, something that ties vaguely mythical into our present situation or set of situations.

sorry for rambling, i just want this film to be more than it can be. i want it to be everything.

Guest Mikal C Johnson  KtCym ECA

Well, the Millennium as figured by the birth of Christ has come and gone whichever method of dating you use... however... people (sadly, even Christians) forget that Jesus was a Jew...

The Bible makes some hints at 7 being a number of completion... sets of 7 are a big deal. This is why we have 7 days in a week.

What a lot of people seem to miss is that, by the Hebrew calendar, we are in the 5th Millennium now... today, 20 August, 2004, is 3 Elul, 5764 by Hebrew reckoning. The next Millennium of the Jewish calendar does not start for another 235 years.

Rosh Hashana 6000 begins on our date 30 September, 2239.

6, in the same numbering system, is a number of imperfection... I think the approach of the 6th Millennium could be quite significant....

This is kinda off the topic but still apocolyptic. I remember an uncle of mine that was well versed in the bible and other spiritual things. He once told me that when they start building the tower of babel again, Gods Wraith will be worse. Metophoricaly the tower of babel is technology...i.e computers,cell phones, digital equipment. Things that werent around 20-30yrs ago. I always thought he was a kinda kooky but what if it is true? The millenium is over and nothing happen on the physical plane here on earth but what if something is going on in the spiritual world.........sounds intriguing, could be a nice story line

Or they could always say the end of the world is coming in 2012 (according to some people's interpetation of the Mayan calender) and use that for one of the themes of a new show and maybe thshow the things happening ina new Millennium.

Be Seeing you,

David Blackwell

Guest Seraphim

Reagrdless, you can still find significance that is more than just "man applying numbers". The rising and setting of the sun and the solar year are quite real. And there is prrof that nature is composed of numbers. A set of numerics can be represented as an image, a sound, etc.. How a Millenia is of any importence is a different story. Though, this is a topic for s different forum. Going back to the original point of this topic.... I think they should just pick at some point after S3. I dislike the idea of starting over. Bah, people are bothering me here, must cut post short...

no, no, no, i disagree. even though there were changes made in each turn of the seasons, it is still the story. even though some people might not like the way the story went, it is still the story. it had a beginning and it had it's untimely end, but it is set in stone as it is now. whatever new story might come out of this will have to be current, of course, but it should play on those old stories at least a little. now, most of the Millennium Group has been killed-off, so that's a bad lane, but the fact that there are groups in the world right now doing just what they did, maybe more blatantly, but nonetheless, is enough to keep a vein going similar to the Millennium Group. now, i'm not saying it should be all cheezy and just start a new story with a replacement group, but something involving delving into some similar mythos. maybe even go back to the Millennium Group, or some of it's members continuing the movement underground. maybe hired-out to terrorist organisations that are also "forcing the end." etc.

i just hope it doesn't turn into another Se7en. Se7en was good, don't get me wrong, it was one of the best films ever made, but it only needs to be made once. i have this bad habit when i see a film that is too similar to another film, i say "i liked it better when it was called ________."

i just don't wanna see yet another dark cop movie, either, it has to have more, it has to be something that draws me in, all inclusive, scares me to the point that i think what transpires across the screen can possibly happen, but with that underlying evil, not just in men's hearts but eminating from them, not just in men's actions but behind them, almost like another being, standing behind with one hand on their shoulder and one hand gripped tightly around their heart. something vaguely mythical, something that ties vaguely mythical into our present situation or set of situations.

sorry for rambling, i just want this film to be more than it can be. i want it to be everything.

.........how do you get that most of the MM-group was killed off? That never happened.(??) ...by the end of S3 they may have been internaly combusting partly because of the infiltration of Legion but they certainly were not killed off in massive numbers.

...unless....i hope not, but unless you mean the played for cheaps thrills-(and still failed!)- crossover episode? but even in that trash the group had simply gone underground and purposefully vanished. ...not that i took one word of the inane sh*t seriously or in anyway consider it a valid part of the MM canon. "For me", for better-(S1/3)-and slightly worse-(S2)- only episodes of the official series can be seen as valid and/or part of the canon.

~se7en :ouro: