Halloween Music

Rate this topic

Earthnut

• Elders (Moderators)

"Dead Man´s Party" from one of my favourite bands, Oingo Boingo, has already been posted, but I don´t want to miss this song here too on Halloween:

Superb choices Alex. Halloween III is a much maligned entry into the canon but I love it and it's the Halloween film I have to watch each year as part of my ritual. The music is superb and I'm really impressed with the video you made for "Prince Of Darkness" - fine work. If you enjoy horror soundtracks and spooky music I found this great Youtube video which has one individuals top ten horror soundtracks with samples for you to listen too. Nice to see Suspiria make the list and just observe the images that the individual selects to accompany that film and see if you don't agree with me that Dario Argento's greatest failing as a movie maker was never realising that human blood is not bright scarlet. Or maybe he did and just didn't care. :oneeyedwinK

Take it away Youtube.

Eth

• Elders (Moderators)

Thanks for the compliments, Eth. :notworthy: There are really cool choices in this Top-Ten-List, Carpenter´s "In the Mouth of Madness" for me is the best movie he made since "They Live" and his music is again very creepy. And of course "Army of Darkness" with music by Joseph LoDuca, great film, great music. Actually, "Army of Darkness" was one of my first Soundtrack-CDs, that I bought. I started listening to and collecting Soundtracks in 1989 (with Danny Elfman´s "Batman" that was), but I still bought LPs back then, I didn´t start buying Soundtracks on CD before 1991, meanwhile I don´t know where to put all the stuff, I haven´t counted them for some time, but I guess there must be about 2200 Soundtrack-CDs and -LPs, that occupy space in my flat... :whistling:

You are quite the connoisseur my friend. My grandfather bought my first soundtrack for me when I was about six or seven. I was a huge fan of the Disney film "The Black Hole" and he bought me the soundtrack by John Barry. It was back in the days of LP's and I still have it. I still think the opening theme is one of the finest scifi themes ever written but I guess nostalgia plays a large part of that.

I'm surprised there hasn't been a mention of the theme from "The Exorcist". I don't think any tune chills me in quite the same way this one does. I know it wasn't created specifically as a theme for the movie but boy was it a superb choice as one.

Eth

• Elders (Moderators)

You are quite the connoisseur my friend. My grandfather bought my first soundtrack for me when I was about six or seven. I was a huge fan of the Disney film "The Black Hole" by John Barry. It was back in the days of LP's and I still have it. I still think the opening theme is one of the finest scifi themes ever written but I guess nostalgia plays a large part of that.

Yeah, John Barry is also one of my favourite composers. In the last few years there were attempts to bring "The Black Hole" to CD, but since the music belongs to Disney, this isn´t an easy task, because Disney is not interested in licensing music from their vaults to a third party at all. So, if Disney won´t release this score on CD, nobody will and Disney also stated, that they don´t want to produce Score-CDs anymore, if there is no song, they can put on the CD. That happened for example with Michael Giacchino´s score for "Up", for which he even got an Academy Award, the music was released as Download-Only, because there was no song in the movie. Sad, but true. A rare exception was "Alice in Wonderland", because composer Danny Elfman always has a contract, that says, that his music has to be released on a sound carrier. Speaking of Elfman, he did a wonderful dark score for Burton´s "Sleepy Hollow":

Guest arcanamundi

"Dead Man´s Party" from one of my favourite bands, Oingo Boingo, has already been posted, but I don´t want to miss this song here too on Halloween:

Looove Boingo.... been to a couple of their Halloween shows, including their farewell show in L.A.

Is it possible to have Halloween and not include something for the The Rocky Horror Picture Show. I have seen this performed on stage a number of times and I think it's possibly one of the best evenings out you can have. So over to Brad and Janet for a little b-movie magic.

Eth