Halloween Music

Rate this topic

Earthnut

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

I love Tim Burton and i love A Nightmare Before Christmas and I love Mailyn Manson so i was going to post his video to this song but i thought it best to post this version cos i didn't want to offend anyone cos it did have some rough pics in it so here goes this. :) Enjoy. :)

https://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU6iP0WLsU8

Did it work? damn i can never do this. lol

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

OK Maybe not Halloween music but it is Madonna and drumroll please............. Im going as Material Girl for Halloween.... LOL and not only that this dress was my prom dress back in 1987 but only in green and with the gloves too! Now not that i can still fit into my prom dress, lol but im going to see if i can find this dress somewhere and the bling to go with it. lol :makingeyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V3qa1FTUYo

Madonna videos need never be excused this is written into the forums guidelines. <- That's not actually true at all as I well I know.

I LOVE Marilyn Manson and I love his cover of the Eurythmics track and I'm going to be cavalier in suggesting it is marginally better than the original version. I saw him sing it live on a darkened stage with one lamp (which doubled as a microphone hanging above him) and the performance was magical. I think he's lost his way a little of late but he is immensely talented. He also appears in my next video choice which is a superb homage to horror movies and perfect for Halloween. I remember The Murderdolls back when they were The Frankenstein Drag Queens From Planet 13 and I recently bought their career retrospective CD and DVD collection called "The Little Box Of Horrors" and it is superb. They are a must for fans of kitsch horror. Here they are in their latest incarnation and watch out for Marilyn Manson's appearance.

Happy Halloween.

Eth

6175FbwT8gL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Guest WaveCrest

I don't know if there was a music video for it, but a song I associate with Halloween now is Mr. Sandman by The Chordettes. It was released as a single in the UK in December 1954. I've also heard a version by Dickie Valentine (also released as a single in the UK in December 1954). But The Chordettes' song is my favourite version. The Four Aces (featuring Al Alberts) released a single called Mr. Sandman in January 1955, but I don't know if this was the same song.

Source of the UK single releases above is a book called The Virgin Book of British Hit Singles.

I don't know if there was a music video for it, but a song I associate with Halloween now is Mr. Sandman by The Chordettes. It was released as a single in the UK in December 1954. I've also heard a version by Dickie Valentine (also released as a single in the UK in December 1954). But The Chordettes' song is my favourite version. The Four Aces (featuring Al Alberts) released a single called Mr. Sandman in January 1955, but I don't know if this was the same song.

Source of the UK single releases above is a book called The Virgin Book of British Hit Singles.

Hmm...not sure which version, and I'm too lazy to check imdb.com, but both are candidates for appearing in Back to the Future, since it happened in 5 November 1955.

I don't think there is a music video as such but someone has uploaded it to Youtube with an image montage so it's better than nothing I guess. I love that song. I first heard it in the movie "Clue" and was hooked from that point on and you're right, it would make a great addition to any Halloween tracklist.

Now this took a little tracking down but I found it in the end. Not only is it a great suggestion for a Halloween song but it was used in Millennium itself. What more could you ask?

Happy Halloween!

Eth

Found Mr. Sandman on YouTube. Is this considered a Halloween song? I will post the lyrics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDXT7wC9jrc

Mister Sandman, bring me a dream

(Bung, bung, bung, bung)

Make him the cutest that I've ever seen

(Bung, bung, bung, bung)

Give him two lips like roses in clover

Then tell him that his lonesome nights are over

Sandman, I'm so alone

Don't have nobody to call my own

Please turn on your magic beam

Mister Sandman, bring me a dream

(bung, bung,bung,bung,bung,bung,bung,bung,