Halloween Music

Rate this topic

Earthnut

Guest WaveCrest

Found Mr. Sandman on YouTube. Is this considered a Halloween song?

Thanks for posting the YouTube video and lyrics Darlene. :thumbsup:

And to your question...definitely! It gets me in the mood for this time of year. Played in Halloween (1981) and I think Halloween H2O (1998) as well, but I mostly think of Halloween II when I hear The Chordettes' song. It just goes so well with the whole Halloween thing and Michael Myers.

Now this song usually ends up on my Halloween playlist. The original point of the song had to do with U.K. economic woes, but the musical sense of foreboding, darkness and empty streets works well at Halloween. Here's the Specials with Ghost Town.

Can you feel the chill yet folks?

Eth

• Elders (Moderators)

Remembering the good old days..."Come to me" from the movie "Fright Night", composed and performed by Brad Fiedel, who also did the score for the movie and he is most famous for his music to the first two Terminator-Movies. Well, he´s not that good at singing, but nevertheless it´s a great song :clapping:

Brad Fiedel also did the music for "Fright Night II" and "Come to me" was re-recorded for the sequel by Deborah Holland:

I love it too Richard. A truly great song that never loses its appeal. Thanks for sharing the Fright Night music Alex. I am very fond of that film, as I would assume most people are, and I also liked Brad Fiedel's work on The Serpent and the Rainbow which is another film I think a lot of.

Now how about this for a slice of cheese. Ever been to Disney Land? Does this sound vaguely familiar? That's because this Halloween song is the theme for the Haunted Mansion ride at Disney theme parks. Enjoy and keep these coming folks, we have our very own Halloween jukebox right here.

Eth

That's a brilliant share Laura. I had not heard of that song or that band before so that's another spooky tack to add to my Halloween playlist. Now I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner but here's one for you Laura, It's called Spooky. Nuff said.

Eth

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

LOL Love is kinda crazy with a Spooky little girl like me. :makingeyes::Pottsie: Now back to my witches brew and my black cat! lol ;)

Spooky L