Halloween Music

Rate this topic

Earthnut

What a heartwarming song that was, from Cannibal Holocaust :D Haven't seen the film, but I'm well aware of it.

Love this track, John Carpenter is just a genius at this sort of stuff.

• Elders (Moderators)

What a heartwarming song that was, from Cannibal Holocaust :D Haven't seen the film, but I'm well aware of it.

Love this track, John Carpenter is just a genius at this sort of stuff.

Oh Josef, very disappointing, that you took a re-recording and not Carpenter´s original score... :oneeyedwinK

I really like the track "Walk to the Lighthouse" from Carpenter´s "The Fog"-Score:

So many great tunes and tracks are being shared here. Thank you to everyone who has contributed and keep them coming.

I have to share this as it has always been a favourite of mine and despite its worrying similarity to "Tubular Bells" I still adore it. No doubt this was created with one eye firmly on the success of Mike Odlfield's composition in "The Exorcist" but that doesn't detract from how good it is or how good the overall score was that Goblin composed for the Argento movie "Deep Red". If you haven't checked the film out folks then be sure to do so. Argento's "Suspiria" is indeed a masterpiece but "Deep Red" easily gives it a run for its money.

Great shares again folks!

I think pretty much anything can be considered for your Halloween play-list if it evokes the right mood. Some of the soundtrack choices I have picked are not necessarily spooky (certainly the Cannibal Holocaust one is not) but when I hear them I am transported back to the horror of the movies they came from and that's good enough for me. This one, however, is very spooky and is one of the most memorable horror themes of them all. It's certainly one I could hum after a few views of the film and that doesn't happen very often to me.

Eth

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

Im adding Love Hurts by Nazareth for two reasons, One it was used in the Rob Zombie Halloween movie, not a big fan of the movie but i did like the music and two, its from the 70's my most most favoirte era and it brings back so many memories for me,loved Halloween time in the 70's, growing up then was awesome. :)

Guest arcanamundi

Happy Halloween, friends!

Here's something interesting by David Byrne and Brian Eno from their album My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts. They built an album of music around audio samples from various sources. This was back in the '80's, when audio sampling was kind of a new thing. This one is called The Jezebel Spirit and uses as its audio source a recording of an actual exorcism.

Wow, wow, wow, to all this awesome music for Halloween. And, the list goes on with favorites, but not with a Halloween theme, but with your favorite movie and TV themes.

the place to post yours. Bet there will be some repeats and that's okay, it's music. Yee ha. :clapping: