NCIS (Naval Crime Investigation Service)

Guest WaveCrest

Guest WaveCrest

A TV show I've been meaning for a while to start a thread for is NCIS (Naval Crime Investigation Service). NCIS is a spin-off of JAG, starting off as a two-part story of JAG which aired during that show's eighth season.

NCIS finished last season in the US (2009-10) as the highest rated scripted show. It started it's eighth season on Tuesday 21st September and is winning the Tuesday night 8 pm timeslot on CBS.

I'll start off with something I haven't long read on TVRage.com about this Tuesday's episode "Royals and Loyals". I won't spoil anything about the plot, just to say a Millennium guest star is in the guest cast for the episode, Tracy Middendorf ("Darwin's Eye").

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The impressive thing about NCIS is in its ability to buck the declining ratings trend. Almost all shows begin with a larger audience than the conclude with these days. Even giants like Lost couldn't halt the shedding of viewers from on season to another but NCIS has not only retained its original audience but has built upon it.

Nice to know that Tracy Middendorf will be guesting on the show.

Eth

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

I love this show Richard. :) I love Abby, she is my favorite character. lol :) So far this season has been really good. :)

Laura :) :Pottsie:

I can proudly say that I have been watching this show since day one, it's in my top favorites with Millennium, X-Files, and Criminal Minds, and I have seasons 1-6. It is a character driven show with fantastic writers, and to me, that's why it has reminded one of the best shows on TV to date.

Spook, everyone loves Abby, especially the guys. I was super impressed with a Halloween episode where she dressed up as Marilyn Monroe, wig and all. I believe DiNozzo and McGee's expressions when they first saw her as Marilyn may go down in history. She blew me away.

Thank you Richard for this post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp9UX6QMz1E

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

Guest WaveCrest

No problems Darlene. :thumbsup: I've been meaning to start this thread for a long while. It's your fault for getting me into this show proper! :oneeyedwinK:smile: I'd watched bits of it before, but have watched some episodes on Five in the past few months (Five show NCIS on terrestrial. FX premiere new episodes in the UK first. Season 7 (or the new season in the US. Need to check) is starting this month on FX). Then went and bought some of the season sets. Have checked on Play.com for the seventh season (Region 2) set, but no pre-order listing yet.

The impressive thing about NCIS is in its ability to buck the declining ratings trend. Almost all shows begin with a larger audience than the conclude with these days. Even giants like Lost couldn't halt the shedding of viewers from on season to another but NCIS has not only retained its original audience but has built upon it.

Nice to know that Tracy Middendorf will be guesting on the show.

Eth

I'm not that into these 'hip' and 'trendy' tags which shows are given, but I like the one given for NCIS, the one of 'uncool'. I hope it stays that way, because it's doing something refreshing. I'm only going to mention these shows once in this thread (I don't particularly like them), but while the CSI shows I think have peaked in the ratings in the US (the Miami show is possibly doing better on Sunday nights this season though), NCIS seems to be building it's audience. Last season it finished in the Top 10 network shows for the 2009-10 season. Last Tuesday's episode got almost 20 million viewers in the fast national ratings. When against American Idol last season it matched the FOX show, but as the season went on came second for the 8 pm hour. However, it was getting high ratings. I'm keeping my fingers crossed NCIS continues doing well this season.

It's amazing that no matter what show is on another channel at the same time, NCIS holds its own, and continues to be brought back. It really is a great show and Richard, I am thrilled that you are enjoying it. :clapping:

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

Guest WaveCrest

When I bought the first and second seasons on Region 1 I was expecting to see the trademark (or one of the trademarks) of NCIS, the black and white flash screens (which you've told me are to do with the ad breaks) which show a shot from a scene in the next part of the episode, right from the start of the series. But in fact they weren't introduced until the second season episode "Lt. Jane Doe".

That's right, I had forgotten about season one not doing that. Guess that's easy to do after what, 7 going on 8 seasons now. Wow. :notworthy:

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

Guest WaveCrest

I'd read on Digital Spy a few weeks ago that the main cast had been going through contract negotiations regarding renewing them. I would assume that with how well NCIS is doing in the US at the moment, that a ninth season is a no-brainer. It won't do it this season, but if the show was renewed they will pass the 200th episode milestone in the ninth season.

I'd like to see them do a crossover with the LA spin-off, as the two-parter "Legend" (in season 7) was a back door pilot for the spin-off.

Is NCIS filmed in Los Angeles/California? If it is, they make it very convincing when the show is set on the East Coast.

Wow, 9th season and a 200th episode. Not that is holding your own. Love it.

I know little about NCIS: Los Angeles, even though I was raised out there. The pilot crossover show was great, but so much changed with the second episode, and eventually I began to lose interest. I though they should have stayed in the command center and not have them work out of a hacienda looking office. All the high-tech made it very entertaining to me, and then poof, they become just like any other show.

I checked IMDb for filming locations but they didn't list any. Where did you read that it's filmed on the East coast?

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)