NCIS (Naval Crime Investigation Service)

Guest WaveCrest

Guest WaveCrest

I assumed NCIS was set in Washington DC, Virginia, or out on the East Coast of the US. That is a Washington DC landmark at the end of the title sequence? I thought NCIS might be filmed on the East Coast, but if it's filmed in Los Angeles/California, then I'm not too surprised.

I was disappointed to read that Louise Lombard didn't come back for NCIS: Los Angeles, after appearing in the two-part pilot on NCIS.

From what I can gather folks, NCIS is filmed at Santa Clarita, California at the Four Aces Set which has the diner, motel, gas station etc. It's located at 14499 E Avenue Q, Palmdale, Los Angeles, California 93591.

Big shame about Louise Lombard I agree Richard. I wonder if the decision was hers or theirs? Louise just doesn't seem to have had the success she should have had. I know she left the UK due to the lack of decent roles but it seems that with the exception of CSI she has had more hits than misses out in the US.

Eth

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

I think Louise Lombard not continuing to be on the show is why I lost interest in it. She did a fantastic job selling her character and it was so well received, especially since she and Gibbs had history. :whistling:

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

Guest WaveCrest

From what I can gather folks, NCIS is filmed at Santa Clarita, California at the Four Aces Set which has the diner, motel, gas station etc. It's located at 14499 E Avenue Q, Palmdale, Los Angeles, California 93591.

Big shame about Louise Lombard I agree Richard. I wonder if the decision was hers or theirs? Louise just doesn't seem to have had the success she should have had. I know she left the UK due to the lack of decent roles but it seems that with the exception of CSI she has had more hits than misses out in the US.

Eth

Over here her biggest TV hit must have been The House of Elliot. She later did a short-lived TV series with Sean Pertwee about bodyguards. After that the next thing I read that she had starred in was CSI. Would be nice to see her get her own TV series.

Thanks for the NCIS filming location info Mark. It's very convincing then how they make it look like the East Coast. Santa Clarita is familiar to me from the fourth season of "24", when there were scenes in one or two episodes shot at Santa Clarita. Not 100% certain but I think Medium is shot there.

Another trademark of NCIS, which I noticed early on when I started watching bits of it, was how the show looks overall. It has a glowy look.

Great way to word it Richard, "a glowy look." Awesome show, with the perfect blend of entertainment. The best part is the interaction between characters.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

Guest WaveCrest

I read on the TVRage.com page for next Tuesday's new episode of NCIS (on CBS), that it's a

Halloween episode (called "Cracked").

Darlene, NCIS dosen't have what you would call 'notice straight away sharp picture', but the glowy look still looks kind of sharp.

Thanks for sharing the Santa Clarita filming locations link Mark. :thumbsup:

The actress who plays Abby recorded a single which is on the NCIS: Official Soundtrack - Volume 1 album (called Fear (Stop Making Friends), but I haven't been able to find it yet on iTunes.

Here's a little info about the Halloween episode for those interested. It's a brief synopsis so not that much of a spoiler folks but if you're not wanting to know a single thing I shall place it in a spoiler box to be sure.

THE TEAM BEGINS TO WORRY ABOUT ABBY WHEN HER CONNECTION TO A VICTIM RUNS TOO DEEP, ON "NCIS," TUESDAY, OCT. 26

- Meredith Monroe ("Criminal Minds, "Dawson's Creek") Guest Stars as April Ferris, An Engineer At Gen-1 Biotech Inc.

- Brennan Elliott ("Strong Medicine") Guest Stars as Martin Stillwell, The CEO Of Gen-1 Biotech Inc.

"Cracked" - Delving into the mind of a brilliant Naval Scientist, Abby becomes fixated on solving her murder, while DiNozzo's latest fling leads to an interesting Halloween, on NCIS, Tuesday, Oct. 26 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SERIES REGULARS

NCIS Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs.................. Mark Harmon

NCIS Special Agent Anthony DiNozzo............. Michael Weatherly

Probationary Special Agent Ziva David..................... Cote de Pablo

Dr. Donald "Ducky" Mallard................................ David McCallum

Abby Sciuto............................. Pauley Perrette

NCIS Special Agent Timothy McGee......................... Sean Murray

NCIS Director Leon Vance....... Rocky Carroll

RECURRING CAST

Jimmy Palmer.............................. Brian Dietzen

GUEST CAST

April Ferris........................... Meredith Monroe

Martin Stillwell........................... Brennan Elliott

Lorrain Thorson................ Robin Pearson Rose

Rupert Kritzer......................... Raphael Sbarge

Professor Daniel Redner........ Steven Anderson

Navy Lieutenant Clea Thorson.......................... Erica Piccininni

DIRECTED BY: Tony Wharmby

WRITTEN BY: Nicole Mirante-Matthews

Here's the video for the song you mentioned Richard. I was reading the comments on Youtube and it would seem others have had a hard time tracking it down at iTunes so good luck with that my friend.

Eth

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

You guys are great, thanks for all the info. :notworthy:

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest WaveCrest

What was the Halloween episode of NCIS like then Darlene? One of the recent new episodes got near 20 million viewers in the fast national ratings (source: Zap2it).