The Asylum and The Mockbuster

ethsnafu

Hi folks,

I have written about The Asylum before but if you have no idea who they are allow me to fill you in. They are a film company that rushes out low budget films that are very similar to big budget offerings around the same time as the big budget film's release. As the names of their films are almost identical the hope is that you will accidentally rent or buy their version instead. Cynical? Of course. Bad cricket (as we say in England)? Yup. That said the films are oddly watcheable and there's something really endearing about how low-budget and unpolished they are. With the exception of some competent acting talent (like our man Lance) some of the performances are questionable but all in all I have seen a few of them and found myself enjoying them despite the odds. Here is a superb article that looks at The Asylum and its films and there are some great youtube videos to support it as well as a mention for Lance to boot. What's not to enjoy? Read all about it here.

Eth

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking forward to seeing Pirates of Treasure Island with Lance. Thanks for posting this Mark, it was a very interesting read. :ouroborous:

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)