Sign in to follow this  
SpooktalkGiGi

Favorite Halloween Candy as a kid and now

Hey y'all

I was wondering as im having some dental work done next week and i probably won't get to enjoy my Halloween candy as much so im filling up on it now, lol and i was thinking what kind of Halloween candy is your favorite? What did you like getting when you went Trick or Treating if you did go and what do you like now if you still go? lol :Pottsie:

My hands down favorite are Snickers candy bars. I loved getting the fun size ones in my trick or treat bag as a kid and i still love them when i was a kid we would always make sure we went trick or treating in the more affluent part of town where all the doctors and lawyers and such lived cos everyone knew they gave out the "good candy" lol they would give out the full sized Hershey bars and such and every kid in the town would go there. lol My bag was always full, but my favorite stop trick or treating was always my last stop, my grandmothers house, cos she would alwasy give me the rest of her candy. LOL :) God Bless her soul. I miss her. :)

Now that im grown :oneeyedwinK lol i love giving out lots and lots of candy, the problem is we don't get maybe only a handful of kids these days, not anything like when i was growing up, mom and dad always got tons of kids for trick or treating. My kids are grown now and i miss having a little one to take trick or treating. lol Im such a big kid and especially at Halloween. :)

Oh and was it just my parents and now me but did your parents have to "inspect" your candy too? lol :Pottsie:

Laura :)

Well as you know we have a strict no-fun policy here in the UK which guides our sensibilities so Halloween has never really achieved the sort of popularity here as in the US. I never recall there being specific candy for Halloween like the candy corn you guys get although there are a few Halloween themed things being released these days as the holiday gains in popularity. Last year I bought an armful of candy in the rather pointless hope that there would be legions of little horrors to hand them out to and no one came. I'm Mr. Crocell I guess. However this year we have a few new families move to our street and I'm hoping their parents might bring them around this year.

That said I have to confess to having a candy corn fetish. I have a huge fetish for pretty much most things from the US as you guys do everything so much bigger and better but last year I bought candy corn from an online store just too see what it was like and I loved it. This year I'm ordering rather more.

Oh I have to give an honorary mention for chocolate but who needs holiday for chocolate? Chocolate. All day. Every day. :notworthy:

Eth

My biggest weakness has always been a Milky Way. Now, Lindt Lindor Truffles. Oh my, yum. :tasty:

Time to revive this subject. Milky Ways and Truffles are still my favorite. Anything with caramel and dark chocolate I can't say no to. tasty.gif

Sign in to follow this