Gillian Anderson - That Dress

Rate this topic

Gillian+Anderson+Never+Let+Go+Premiere+Opening+PL1x6LG9JEwl.jpg

Howdy folks,

Now I am not the most fashion focussed person in the world but I noticed that Gillian is in the news for making a faux pas in terms of her choice of dress and I have to say it is unusual choice. Maybe she's making a statement or there's some hidden message or intention behind it but head on over here to have a look at what she wore for the "Never Let Me Go" premiere at the 54th BFI London Film Festival.

Can you still buy wonderweb in the UK? :whistling:

Eth

Guest lilblackgirl

Now you've got me intrigued. I'm unable to see the pictures (dead pic links) so i guess i'll have to try to find them later.

Anything with Gillian has my attention.

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

I'd wear it, lol love the color. :) i think it is beautiful, so what if its frayed at the ends, maybe she is making a statement that you don' thave to go out and buy a very expensive dress to look beautiful. :makingeyes: It looks like maybe its unfinished or the hem came loose either way i like it and it just goes to show that even though she is a celebrity she is still a human being. :)

Laura :)

could be a fashion trend too. :)

I agree, the color is pretty, but Spook, the dress hem is hideous, and if it is a new fashion trend, we're in big trouble. Same thing with buying a pair of brand new jeans that already have holes in them. That's just wrong. :yucky:

Guest lilblackgirl

OK, i see it now. That's a hideous dress. Is the torn look part of the fashion or did the hem just come out and she decided to point it out by lifting the dress slightly?

And is it just the picture, or does it look like her lips grew two sizes? unsure.png

I can only guess that it's intentional. Let's face it, it couldn't not realise that the dress looked like that. Compared to Lady Gage and individuals like Bjork and Grace Jones it is that bold and brazen but maybe because it's on the back of someone you wouldn't expect to wear anything a little unusual. Maybe I'm wrong, who knows, maybe she just picked at the hem on an otherwise boring car journey. :thumbsup:

Eth

I think a fair few of them lose all sense of reality Darlene. I have to earthly idea what was meant by Lady Gaga turning up to an awards ceremony wearing slices of meat (well actually I do, she wanted to be in the papers I guess) but apparently that's art. Hmmmm.

Now here is a link to the dress should you wish to purchase one for yourself. One suggestion was that Gillian may have attempted to shorten a longer dress and made a little bit of a hatchet job out of it but as you can see here it seems the one she wore was 'as is'.

Eth

I don't think I'm skinny enough for that dress Mark.

Gillian would have wanted to shorten or lengthen her dress in the car. Either that or it's a new style for the rich and famous, on the other hand, it's an everyday style for the poor and unknown.