Horror Thoughts 2010 Week 2

Rate this topic

As we are moving towards Halloween everyone seems to be turning their attentions to horror films and 'A Penny In The Well' have been reviewing a number of them as we get closer to the date. This weeks offering of reviews covers everything from "Let The Right One In", "The Shining" and "X-Files: I Want To Believe" with a link to a more expansive review of the film that they wrote earlier. It's nice to see it getting some much deserved kudos so if you fancy a browse through some great suggestions for good horror films head on over here to check it you.

Eth

I don't see Ghostbusters as a "Horror" film.

Wow, zombie Nazis, that's a new one.

Let The Right One In and Left Bank, never heard of either one, and from the looks of it, I probably would never watch them either. Not a big zombie/vampire fan.

The Shining, now that was a creepy movie. Haven't seen it in many years and the only thing I can remember about it is Jack Nicholson. :woot:

Hi Darlene,

I don't see Ghostbusters as a horror film either to be truthful but then I'm going to be controversial and say that I've never viewed "Aliens" as a horror film either. Darlene it's well worth trying Let The Right One In. It is a film you have to watch in subtitles but if that doesn't bother it is well worth a go. It's one of the better horror films to come out in the last few years.

Eth

• 2 weeks later...
Guest WaveCrest

I recommend Let the Right One In Darlene. It's not "slightly overrated", as a film reviewer said in a Sunday newspaper yesterday. One of the best films I saw at the cinema last year. Looking forward to seeing the US remake Let Me In.