Philip Baker Hall

Rate this topic

Guest arcanamundi

Guest WaveCrest

A few months ago I saw Philip Baker Hall in the final season of Falcon Crest (he played Michael Sharpe's attorney). Only seen Magnolia in full once, but it was a very good drama and the ending was memorable.

Magnolia is an amazing film and I can heartily recommender it to anyone who likes Millennium as it's a film that deals with coincidences and synchronicity and raining frogs. Yup, raining frogs. What's not to like?

Eth

Guest arcanamundi

Magnolia is an amazing film and I can heartily recommender it to anyone who likes Millennium as it's a film that deals with coincidences and synchronicity and raining frogs. Yup, raining frogs. What's not to like?

Eth

And it is implied very fleetingly that Hall's character is a Freemason, as I recall. I googled this to confirm and found the following at The Grand Lodge of BC :

Magnolia (1999)

Just before gameshow host Jimmy Gator, played by Philip Baker Hall, goes on stage, Burt Ramsey, played by Ricky Jay—who is wearing a masonic ring—asks him, "You with me, Jimmy?" Jimmy says, "The book says we may be through with the past but the past ain't through with us." to which Burt replies, "We met upon the level and we're parting on the square."

[00:51:23]While studying in the public library, gameshow contestant Stanley Specter, played by Jeremy Blackman, has a stack of books, one of which is Mackey's History of Freemasonry.

Fascinating. I actually have Mackey's History of Freemasonry. I found a reprint of it in a discount book store many years ago and took it holiday with me as light reading matter. I think that explains quite satisfactorily what an odd teenage I was. :whistling:

Eth

Guest arcanamundi

Fascinating. I actually have Mackey's History of Freemasonry. I found a reprint of it in a discount book store many years ago and took it holiday with me as light reading matter. I think that explains quite satisfactorily what an odd teenage I was. :whistling:

Eth

Ahh but...this is who we are. wink.gif