Lance Henriksen to star in Aliens prequel?

Rate this topic

ethsnafu

Guest Charger

So it'll be several years until we'll be getting this then...Well I can wait...I'm sure it will be worth it!

Natalie Portman in a horror movie...hell no.

Ah, it isn't just me with Portman-phobia then. I can forgive her phoning in Padme Amidala because I'm convinced that acting against a green screen for most of the script does nothing at all to draw a decent performance from an actor. If Ewan McGregor can't deliver a competent performance under those circumstances then who can. I also give her extra leeway because the dialogue in the movie, especially in the romantic bits, was awful and it's nigh on impossible to give those line any credibility at all. However, I haven't seen in her anything that has convinced me she has 'got it'. I find her very average at best.

Who knows, maybe she just hasn't had 'that' role yet.

Eth

Guest Charger

No you're not buddy! I've never really liked Portman...Atleast I can't think of a movie she was good in, right now...She wasn't that bad on Star Wars but not good either.

I have to say the rumours that Scott is currently sold on Noomi Rapace to take the lead are very comforting indeed. That's a far braver, and wiser, choice that either Natalie Portman or Carey Mulligan. I have to say that Carey is bloody ludicrous choice to lead a return to a franchise as big as this and if they are seriously considering an actress of such mediocre talent then I have my fears for the future of it.

Eth

Guest Charger

Well now that would be surprising...choosing a swedish rather unknown actress to take a lead in something as big as Alien...I'm really not on board with that yet...

The reason I'm reassured that they are at least considering her is because she is a very competent little actress whereas a vast majority of actresses who are her peers are not. Think Portman. When I head Portman was being considered I assumed we were going down the route of casting a Natalie or a Keira for name value rather than acting prowess as neither are, in my book, all that great. Sigourney was not a big name when she was cast as Ripley and she owned the part. Winona Ryder was when she was cast as Call and that was, in my opinion, a case of name casting rather than talent casting.

To be honest as long as it isn't Natalie Portman I'll be somewhat happy I guess.

Eth

• 1 month later...

I hear Ridley is doing a sci-fi picture that isn't a prequel to Alien with Noomi Rapace, but supposedly it is tangentially related to Alien. Noomi is training her body for the role while finishing up her part in the Sherlock Holmes prequel

I sure would like a final yes or no regarding a prequel of Aliens.

Lance is the only Bishop to me, and no one else could fill those shoes.

As much as I liked Ripley, I just don't see it working bringing her back after the 4th movie. It would be just too far fetched. With Alien VS Predator, etc., I can watch an Alien movie without her, but will always miss her since she was always a key character.

Look forward to seeing Noomi Rapace.