Better With Or Without Commercials?

Rate this topic

Guest ender.wiggin

Guest ender.wiggin

It has actually been 8 years since I have watched the first season episodes. I only recently discovered a cable channel running them in sydication but I decided to wait for the DVD set. So I am watching them now slowly but I am a bit confused. I am not feeling the suspense/terror/excitment I remember having when watching them when they first came out. Probably the reason is my normal change in perception (eight years is a long time) but I wonder if it could also be that I am watching the episodes without the commercials, in other words without the pause that may help create the suspension or the build up of the story. I am thinking this because I rented and watched Band of Brothers non-stop over a weekend and felt afterwards that perhaps it would have been better to space out the episodes in order to 'digest' the story better.

What do you think?

Guest Demolition Man

I feel the direct opposite, as it feels like to me that ad breaks only ruin the momentium of the show. Especially with a show like "24" that really needs to be watched on DVD with no ad breaks (and Widescreen as well). :eyebrows_big:

• 2 weeks later...

I would have to say I don't like commercials much myself. Alot of the shows I watch now are from the tivo witch is great just because I can go past all the commercials. Or if I am watching live tv I will pause it for about 10 minutes or so just to go past the commercials. It is a great time to go get all your snack stuff and get comfy for the night :grin2:

Guest chrisnu

100%, without question, the show is better without commercials. That's part of why people buy TV shows on DVD. Otherwise, people may be content with taping the shows when they are broadcast.