The Best Halloween TV Episodes

Rate this topic

Nobody did Halloween episodes quite like Millennium but I would say that wouldn't I? That sad here is a link to a list of the very best which is complete with Youtube clips and though our show didn't make the grade this time around our sister show did. With so many great episodes of XF to watch on a Halloween night which do you think was the one selected to join the ranks? I have to say I really do agree with the choice.

Take a look folks,

Eth

https://www.newsweek.com/2010/10/25/tv-s-best-halloween-episodes/bewitched.html

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

Well of course The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror has to be there and Charlie Brown. :) :pumpkin4: CSI's Halloween episodes are pretty cool too. '

Laura :)

I've spotted two Halloween themed specials on British TV this year which is virtually unheard of. Poirot and Psychoville are each dedicating episodes of the spooky season which is very welcome indeed. I hope there is a real return to celebrating the date on British TV soon. I do wish Doctor Who would do a Halloween special one year. The show that's renowned for making kids hide behind the sofa really should have picked up the gauntlet by now.

Eth

I have to admit, the X-file episode with the Peacocks is one of the creepiest, and a great choice for Halloween. At first, I thought they picked the episode with Edward Asner and Lily Tomlin, but then I remembered it was a Christmas episode titled, "How the Ghosts Stole Christmas." Oh well. :whistling:

The X-Files didn't do a Halloween themed episode once in its nine seasons did it? That's a missed opportunity if you ask me. If any show could have taken Halloween and rocked with it then the X-Files could have. Could you imagine a sharp as nails script from Darin Morgan taking a swipe at the conventions of horror drama all mixed up with that wonderfully surreal storytelling style of his? That would have been a blast.

I wonder why they never did one? They did several dedicated to Christmas.

Eth

If we think about it, most of the X-File episodes could be dedicated to Halloween. They were all bizarre in one way or another. I agree though, a real down to earth Halloween episode would have become a classic. :pumpkin4: Love this pumpkin.

Guest WaveCrest

They got the Simpsons Halloween special title wrong...not Treehouse of Evil, but Treehouse of Horror. Treehouse of Horror III is one of my favourite Simpsons Halloween specials, and the evil Krusty doll story is one of the best. Hilarious. :laugh:

I didn't realise the fourth season X Files episode "Home" was classed as a Halloween episode.

I think it's classed as a Halloween worthy episode rather than an episode about, or set at, Halloween. I do recall it was considered by the crew to be the closest to an all out horror episode as The X-Files could get and any horror fan can comfortable see shades of "A Texas Chainsaw Massacre" and other genre greats in the episode. I know the opening shots of the baby being buried alive still rank amongst some of the most disturbing scenes I have seen on a TV show and the director, Kim Manners, referred to the shot of the baby's point of view while being buried alive "The most awful shot of my career."

It's certainly a very memorable and, at times, uncomfortable watch.

Eth