Sherlock and Doc Watson are back

Beerbelch

I do hope you will drop by and share a review of this when you have seen it Darlene. I'd love to know what you think. It's amazing to think that there were rumours that this might never have been. It was originally announced as a one off made for TV film with a view to going to a series if the reviews were positive. The backdoor pilot was filmed but rumours began to emerge that it was a disaster. The pilot was never aired (although it can be seen on the DVD release) and the DVD asked for changes to the format resulting in the show we are now watching. I thought it was brilliant and hope it continues to grow in stature as each new series airs.

Enjoy folks.

Eth

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Martin Freeman who plays Dr John Watson has been chosen to play 'Bilbo Baggins' in the 'Hobbit' the 'Lord of the rings' prequill. It remains to be seen if this will affect the 3 future 'Sherlock' movies that have been planned. :pumpkin4:

you can pick your friends... you can pick your nose .... but you can NEVER pick your friend's nose !!

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT!

Wow Randee, thanks for the heads up on the Amazon release date.

I have read all the books and have seen the animated version of The Hobbit a million times, and so look forward to the movie. Bet Martin Freeman does a great job as Bilbo. How exciting this is. :wiggle:

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

Wow Randee, thanks for the heads up on the Amazon release date.

I have read all the books and have seen the animated version of The Hobbit a million times, and so look forward to the movie. Bet Martin Freeman does a great job as Bilbo. How exciting this is. :wiggle:

Especially now that Peter Jackson is back as director!! I see it's not due for release until 2012 so maybe Martin will do 'Sherlock' and the report to 'the hobbit'. :pumpkin4:

you can pick your friends... you can pick your nose .... but you can NEVER pick your friend's nose !!

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT!

Hi Folks,

As far as I am aware, Martin's contract for The Hobbit specifies release time for Sherlock. Sherlock came first so The Hobbit negotiations began with that in mind. Similarly, a change has been made to the schedule for Doctor Who to allow Steven Moffat to write both shows. If you're looking forward to new episodes of Sherlock then I'm afraid you have a bit of a wait as it will be Autumn 2011 before the remaining three episodes of season one are broadcast. It would appear the BBC didn't anticipate that the show would be as successful as it is.

Eth

josew.gif

• 2 weeks later...

BEER---> Just watched the new adventures of the greatest sleuth ever on Masterpiece Theater. These actors are quite good and the writing was very good too. This looks like it's gonna be a mini-series of sorts. Can't wait for the next ep.

BELCH

Thanks for the heads up on this show. I did catch last Sundays episode and thought it was fantastic. My wife watched it the week before but I watched Cloverfield instead. She told me I missed out and she was right. Anyway I guess that is all we are getting since this coming Sunday they are showing a John Lennon movie or mini-series.

I was pleasantly surprised by Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock. I grew up with Jeremy Brett's portrayal of the sleuth and for me it has always been the definitive portrayal as Brett was absolutely superb in the role but making a modern day adaptation rather freed Cumberbatch up to make Sherlock something different. Something much closer to Doctor Who in terms of how it is played.

This is a fun article about a sandwich shop that suddenly saw its clientèle swell as a result of Sherlock. Intrigued as to why? have a look at the link below.

Eth

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1303224/Sherlock-Holmes-riddle-packed-sandwich-bar.html

josew.gif