Lance on "Castle" November 15, 2010

Rate this topic

Guest teedub

Guest Sidewinder

They only last week premiered last year's Halloween episode "Vampire Weekend".

We are a little bit further in season two. "Vampire Weekend" (with Fillion wearing his "Firefly"-suite) was regulary aired one week ago.

@ teedub: thanks a lot for sharing. Great pics.

Thanks a bunch for the pictures! Awesome!

Looks like Lance is going to have something to do with UFO's...should be fun!

He's supposed to be an expert on alien abductions.

I believe you can view full episodes on Castle's website sometime after they air. (Next day, maybe?) So surely you Europeans shouldn't have to wait a whole year to watch Lance. :huh:

In almost all cases media of that kind is region encoded Teedub so the episodes rarely play for UK viewers. Castle may be an exception to the rule but in my experience I am unable to even watch trailers at most US network websites much less the episodes of the show themselves.

Check this out folks, is Lance's name spelt incorrectly on the original ABC press release? This source takes its information from there and spells his name in a unique variation I haven't seen before.

Richard Castle (Nathan Fillion) and Detective Kate Beckett (Stana Katic) have always been Castle's answer to X-Files' Mulder and Scully. The playful opposites attract partnership. The will-they/won't-they chemistry. And now, the extraterrestrial investigations. The November 15 episode of Castle is literally going to be out of this world. Aliens, Men in Black, Lyle Lovett and Lance Henriksen — we're psyched.

Castle and Beckett investigate a woman's murder and discover possible evidence of possible alien abduction on Castle Episode 3.9, "Close Encounters of the Murderous Kind." According to ABC, "After a prominent astrophysicist's body is found in her car — the victim of explosive decompression — Castle jokingly theorizes that perhaps she was killed in the vacuum of outer space. Yet as they delve deeper into the victim's life, they're confronted with evidence that keeps pointing them back to the impossible — alien abduction. Lance Henrikson (X-Files, Millennium) stars as Benny Stryker, a well known alien abduction expert, and Lyle Lovett (The Player) plays a mysterious government agent intent on shutting down the investigation."

Source: ABC press release

Eth

In almost all cases media of that kind is region encoded Teedub so the episodes rarely play for UK viewers. Castle may be an exception to the rule but in my experience I am unable to even watch trailers at most US network websites much less the episodes of the show themselves.

What?! Well, that sucks! :verymad: On behalf of the United States of America (and particularly Hollywood), I apologize. I'll fix this when I become benevolent dictator of the world.

Check this out folks, is Lance's name spelt incorrectly on the original ABC press release? This source takes its information from there and spells his name in a unique variation I haven't seen before.

LOL! I saw that, too! People! It's not that hard to spell!!

Guest Charger

Yeah, I've never been able to watch those episode's from the internet either...it always says "Video not available for your region" or something along those lines...pisses me off a bit actually...

Guest Sidewinder

In almost all cases media of that kind is region encoded Teedub so the episodes rarely play for UK viewers.

It's the same with German viewers. That su***. But we get used to it (well... sometimes it's hard, but...).

Guest Sidewinder

Eth

It's getting even stranger. In another official ABC news release they are talking about Lance Henricksen in the title:

IN CASTLE AND BECKETT'S INVESTIGATION INTO A WOMAN'S MURDER,

THEY COULD BE LOOKING AT EVIDENCE OF THE IMPOSSIBLE

-- ALIEN ABDUCTION -- ON ABC'S "CASTLE"

Lyle Lovett and Lance Henricksen Guest Star

In the following news they found another way of writing the name. Take a look at this:

Guest Cast: Lyle Lovett as Agent Westfield, Lance Henrickson as Benny Stryker, Jeanette Brox as Ayyana Holder, Karl T. Wright as Dr. Chuck Vaughn.

Two different, wrong ways of writing the name within one news release!

Is there some aspect of Lance's contract these days that his name is spelt in as many variations as possible? You do realise it's only a matter of time before people dispense with formalities and change his surname altogether. Here's looking forward to the next film from our man Lance Henrietta.

Eth