Lance on "Castle" November 15, 2010

Rate this topic

Guest teedub

Tonight's the night folks and I'm eagerly awaiting any feedback from our friends in the US. Those who have had previews indicate that there is a heavy X-Files vibe throughout and considering Rob Bowman is involved from the X-Files it should be a great show. I post reviews tomorrow as soon as they are available.

Eth

Here's a link to the crew talking about the X-Files connections in this particular episode.

https://www.latestcelebrities.com/is-castles-latest-case-out-of-this-world.html

Guest WaveCrest

Rob Bowman's directing? He directed some of the best X Files episodes (one of them being "The Pine Bluff Variant"). Castle should win the 10 pm hour tonight, like it has been doing since a few weeks into the new season.

Let me start by stating this was my first time viewing 'Castle' I found it [at least this ep] very 'tongue -in-cheek' and enjoyable. Having said that Lance was only on once for a few minutes [aprox. 18 minutes into the ep.] but he looked good [as always] . I don't want to give major spoilers :whistling: but such lines as " the real truth is out there" [after a X-files reference to Mulder and Scully] and " next thing to a bat phone" referring to using a bug to contact secret agents, I plan to watch more shows in the future. :kickin::fool:

s3e9-11.jpg

Thanks for feeding back Randee. I was hoping Lance would have a fairly decent role in this but something is better than nothing I guess. It does seem, from what you have said, that it was a very conscious nod to the X-Files which is what I was hoping for. I've had a brief glance of the interweb and it doesn't seem that any reviews are in so far so I'll keep checking and post some when I find them.

Eth

Guest Sidewinder

I wasn't hoping for something more than his part in "NCIS" last year. "Castle" concentrates very much on the main characters and not so much on the guest stars. That said I'm still unhappy about the fact that I have to wait at least half an year until that ep will be aired here.

Castle whistles the X-Files theme song twice. The name Mulder is mentioned once. Lots of jokes about *probing.* :alien2:

Lance was in just the one scene. I thought either the script or the director or he was sleepwalking through the scene. The character was only there to interject some exposition. I thought it could have been played by any day player. Didn't need to be a name actor.

Anticlimatic to me. I'll just go back to thinking about how energetic he is in real life. :ninja:

Darn. I can't find any reviews from impartial sources. Not that I trust our own opinion but I do like to like to counter what the fans think with what someone thinks who is a little more objective. If anyone comes across a decent review could you pop by and share a link?

A couple of US friends have commented that the part really didn't demand anyone of his stature but I pointed out that it does seem to be his link to the world of genre and 1013 that encouraged producers to use him and it provides a reason to squeeee for any XF/MM fans tuning in to the homage to their universe.

I've also heard a couple of comments that he was 'phoning it in' but I'll reserve judgement on that till I've seen it myself. That said. I agree with Randee, I bet the ratings went up slightly so that's no bad thing at all is it.

Eth