UFO: The Truth Is Here

Rate this topic

ethsnafu

Hi folks,

I am looking for "UFO: The Truth Is Here" it was scored for a Swedish Imax film of the same name which was shown at the Cosmonova Planetarium. The CD is apparently produced specifically to be sold at the Imax theater. I gather it is extremely rare and wondered if any of you good people had either heard the track or were lucky enough to have heard it? Any information on it all would be very welcome.

Eth

Okay my dear UK son, I have contacted Imax direct for information regarding the CD, and, there is one Imax theater here in Oklahoma City, that I have called and they are looking into it. Here's what I found regarding Imax.

IMAX Corporation

2525 Speakman Drive

Mississauga

Ontario L5K 1B1, Canada

Phone: 905-403-6500

Fax: 905-403-6450

There really isn't much else out there about it, but maybe I will have some good news for you soon. It might help if someone in Canada calls them, and of course someone in the major cities, because I would think, if there's any available at a theater, it would be incities like Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, or New York. Otherwise, maybe the corporation itself has some available. We will see.

I am determined to find it, I want one too. :whistling:

That's fabulous 'Jessica Fletcher' work Darlene. Here's hoping your detective work pays off. Thank off.

I have sent a message also to someone I think might be able to shed some light on this.

I could virtually no information about this release save for a couple of messages on internet forums regarding it as a 'rare' item and there's very little about the actual film itself although I did uncover an article about it that makes for an interesting read on the subject of faking UFO photographs.

Here's hoping someone more knowledgeable can shed some light on it.

Eth

https://www.csicop.org/si/show/faking_ufo_photos_for_the_twenty-first_century/

Heard back from Imax and here's what they said.

Dear Darlene,

Thank you for contacting IMAX Corporation. Each IMAX theatre is independently owned and operated. You will need to contact your local theatre to see if they sell the CD you mention below. This is not sold by IMAX's corporate office.

Best regards,

IMAX Corporation

Still waiting to hear back from the Imax theater here in Okie City.

I read the same few mentions as well and checked with a few sites that sell rare items, but didn't find it. I need to go back to the sites and put in a special request and maybe they can find it.

Hope when others read this they contact the Imax theater in their area. There's bound to be one left that still has at least one copy. Here's hoping. :ouroborous:

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

there is an IMAX theater that Frank and i went to in Dayton at the Air Force museum, i could check with them and see if they ever showed it or know where you can find it. :)

Laura :)

Thanks Laura, and I will be calling the theater here in OKC back tomorrow. If anyone finds it, please, I want one. :praying:

Thinking about calling a few out of state theaters. There has to be at least one CD out there somewhere, and then it would be rip and burn time. :whistling:

Hi folks,

Thanks for all your help and suggestions folks. I have asked someone who is ultra-reliable when it comes to information about soundtracks and they know very little about it either. I guess this is going to be a difficult thing to track down but that just makes me all the more determined to do so. I have done further digging and not uncovered a great deal I have to confess but I did at least discover the following.

UFO: The Truth is Here (Cosmonova - 8 tracks, 47:30)

Nearly fifty minutes of Mark Snow music that none of us have heard or probable knew existed. Keep looking folks we have to track this one down somehow.

Eth

I haven't to be honest Randee. My first hunch was to try and track it down ourselves as I'm loathe to approach the cast and crew about anything unless I really have too. I worry about bothering them when they have such little spare time. That said if our efforts prove fruitless then I will approach him. Like you, I would really love to have this.

Eth