UFO: The Truth Is Here

Rate this topic

ethsnafu

Hi folks,

We truly do appreciate the spirit of sharing but I did have to remove the link I'm afraid. Board policy does prevent us from sharing such things here. However what you do privately is your own concern. Right folks. :oneeyedwinK

Eth

Not at all. That's what we are here for, to check that nothing contravenes our guidelines. We know members act with the best of interests and probably have no idea that something is of limits until it is pointed out. I am sure everyone appreciates the intention behind what you did. :oneeyedwinK

Eth

RE: "loseless"

MP3, even at 320 bitrate, lose frequency ranges. This affects sound qaulity, and if some higher registers, or synths are in those ranges lost (depending on bitrate), you can get bad quality, or even lose the sounds all together.Some people can't tell the difference between a high bitrate MP3 and loseless, while others -- like myself can.

"loseless" -- there is no loss in frequency and sound -- it's exactly as it was from what ever source. This is only that, it has nothing to do with poorly sourced (tapes, etc) pieces or badly mixed stuff.

Updated request lists:

Ernest: 2

Skateboard: 4

X-Files: 2

Jose Chung [X-Files episode scores, full): 2

Ah. That's something I never quite understood either. I know on various forums I have frequented in the past there has always been debates about MP3 vs Wav vs Flac and so on. I know Flac is very much sought after as a format though I have no idea why and some people seem to be believe that the differences between them really only depend on the acuity of the hearing of the listener. I've even read somewhere that vinyl rips are preferable to CD rips but that's even more out of my league of understand. The curious world of audio collecting I guess.

Have you thought of creating a topic solely for your offer/request thing? I only mention that because everyone who wanted the UFO soundtrack has now gotten it and it is unlikely that this thread is an active thread as a result of that. People would probably be surprised to know that such an offer has been in this thread.

I do hope we get the numbers we need. I am very hopeful that will be the case.

Eth

Have you thought of creating a topic solely for your offer/request thing?

That's way too close to a ffshrine like thing. I don't want to be a part of that. If people start getting that way in this thread, or start pushing me toward that, I'll simply retract me offers.

Not a mean post toward you -- just saying.

Actually, not everyone got the UFO soundtrack, I didn't, but I am not promoting a separate thread for it either. I think something like that would get out of hand real fast with new members joining almost every day. PMs are always the best way to go, and I have sent one. :whistling:

I now have an account with SendSpace and hopefully soon I will find the time to have Les Herbes Folles Soundtrack up and running.

• 3 weeks later...