Lance Henriksen To Voice Tron Uprising Cartoon

Rate this topic

ethsnafu

I sure do and I wonder how much Paramedic-syndrome there is involved for members of the acting profession? It isn't a recognised syndrome it's just something the medical profession has observed in which paramedics frequently pass away shortly after commencing their retirement. One explanation is that the years of of a high intensity job with all that adrenaline and cortisone becomes the norm for their physiology and when it stops their bodies do not take to the adjustment well. I would imagine what keeps Lance so much younger than his years is his work ethic. I guess he's better going on as long as he can when all is said and done.

Eth

I know the passing of Leslie Nielson really makes you appreciate the talent that still remains and I came across a quote of his in regards to why he was still working in the his eighties and it seems he shared Lance's work ethic. He said..."I'm afraid if I don't keep moving, they're going to catch me ... I am 81 years old and I want to see what's around the corner, and I don't see any reason in the world not to keep working. But I am starting to value my down time a great deal because I am realizing there might be other things to do that I am overlooking".. and he remained very fit and very active until pneumonia got the better of him. I am sure there is a lot to be said for remaining as vibrant and as active as possibly whatever your age. May we have many more years of Lance Henriksen ahead of us.

Eth

Guest Mikal C Johnson  KtCym ECA

I loved Tron back in 1982. That was what I did with my allowance every week that it was in theaters. I saw Tron more times that all of the Star Wars films put together. I'm totally geeked out about this new movie. Now I'm feeling frustrated at having to wait for this cartoon.

I bough Tron on DVD a few years ago and was captivated by it as an adult although I didn't quite get it as a child. I really do think it's a very intelligent film. Star Wars is very accessible but Tron requires a little thinking and I'm not sure I was ready for that as a kid. I was reading a brief article about the first film a few days ago and considering how much effort when in to the animation it's a miracle the film got made. If you look at the film through 1982 eyes it really is a groundbreaking moment in film making and I hope the sequel is as awe inspiring.

Eth

https://www.mediacircus.net/tron.html