XF3 Is Being Written

Rate this topic

The X-Files Lexicon will be putting out an official statement within the next day or so, to explain the reasons why we didn't run with this story, as we had insider sources, we trust, that raised questions about the translations.

If The X-Files Lexicon produced a T-Shirt to comment on the "Lost In Translation" debacle, would their be a market for it here?

:oneeyedwinK

Very interesting Matt. I look forward to hearing your take on matters and hope that you will drop by and let us all know when it is available.

For those of you who enjoy podcasts you might like to head on over to SciFi Diner as their latest outing discusses, amongst other things, their take on a third X-Files movie. Whether DD's words were reported accurately or not, it does seem that there's a welcome resurgence in XF3 discussion and that's no bad thing at all.

Eth

To the fans:

Myself, and other staffers of The X-Files Lexicon, wanted to address the reason why we haven’t been posting any articles, or officially commenting on the story about David Duchovny’s comments to a French magazine that a “third X-Files movie was being written.” Initially, I was willing to take the comment at face value, until a colleague and contributor to the Lexicon, a person who lives in France, warned me otherwise. This person further explained that she has read the magazine for many years, and she stressed that this magazine’s interviews with foreign actors almost never make sense because of their poor translations. While is it a cliché to bring this up, she admitted that most French people have understanding issues where foreign languages are involved--especially English. She pointed out that David probably made some vague statement about Chris and Frank throwing some ideas around. The writer seized on it, and tried to make it look like she / he had an inside scoop. I trust this colleague, and so we stand by our decision.

Having made that point, The X-Files Lexicon staff has never questioned the integrity of X-Files News in their reporting, and we consider them allies and friends. We simply held skepticism over the source. This in no way means that we at The X-Files Lexicon are not supportive of the effort to persuade 20th Century Fox to green light a third X-Files feature; we very much champion all fan efforts to petition Fox to finance a third film, as well as a Millennium feature.

However, the stated policy with The X-Files Lexicon is, we will not circulate information that hasn’t been confirmed by an official publicist, including hearsay, or rumor, but will cooperate with verifiable outlets. Regarding the actions of other websites, when it comes to publishing stories, we have no position, but we always wish them the best with their efforts.

A number of people have personally expressed their appreciation to me in that we only release verifiable information. During 2008, leading up to the release of I Want To Believe , we employed this practice, and it served us well. As Fox Mulder might be prone to say – “No one has a monopoly on the truth.” All fans should aspire to gather the best information possible. I hope this clears up the matter.

Webmaster, Matt Allair

The X-Files Lexicon

Hi Matt,

Thank you very much for taking the time to clarify your position on this story. I am sure others, like myself, are grateful to you, Libby and Jen for keeping us updated as to the opinions in Philedom as many of us here are not Haven members and are rather out of touch with all things XF.

As I said, it's unfortunate the story wasn't accurate and although it did help spread the word on a possible third film I think many were left disappointed. It's great to see that the Lexicon played its hand so well.

Eth

Thanks to the power of Google Alerts I received over 40 references to the X-Files in my inbox today and all of them, without the exception of one, is still running with the story that XF3 is currently being written despite David's people countering this claim. If anything good can come from this it is to demonstrate to Fox that the interest and passion is still there and I hope people are taking notes.

Eth

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if you guys have see this aticle but someone from nymag.com got David and Gillian together for a brief chat when Gillian went to see David in the play "The Break of Noon". It really is well worth a look and they are some very funny comments from David and Gillian about rumours that were spread about a third XF movie thanks to a mistranslated interview with a French magazine.

It's well worth a look.

Eth

https://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2010/11/david_duchovny_and_gillian_and.html

Whilst I'm here. Google Alerts returned a review of David's play today and though it isn't related to XF3 I thought I would share it here as I mentioned it above. Not a great review I have to say but one man's meat is another man's poison.

https://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/arts/2010/11/23/2010-11-23_break_of_noon_review_david_duchovny_could_have_used_a_divine_intervention_.html

Eth

Oh dear,

Here's one blog that doesn't quite get it. It seems DD and GA's joke about a 'french film' went over the heads of some who probably didn't know all the fuss about the French article and here's one blog speculating that the franchise is unlikely to continue now and talk of a reboot is again beginning to gain ground at a number of entertainment websites.

What a tangled web we weave....

Eth

https://www.scificool.com/x-files-3-sure-but-unlikely-says-mulder-and-scully/