XF3 Is Being Written

Rate this topic

Guest WaveCrest

I dread to think who they would cast as Mulder and Scully in a reboot. And also, these days it shows a lack of interest in continuing the film franchise with DD & GA. Sad really if they think they're too old. :rolleyes:

• Elders (Moderators)

One of the usual suspects is using the news about a Buffy reboot to reinforce his insistence that the only thing left for X-Files is a reboot with younger actors and without the main writing team. I don't know why I read his stuff, except it's fascinating in a way to see how he maneouvres everything to support his supposed superiority. :oneeyedwinK

I can imagine who that might be I think. The thing is, any show could conceivable do well as a reboot. Doctor Who and Star Trek are great examples of shows that can do well with a reboot but in both cases there was a considerable period of time off air and the same is the case for Buffy. XF was active as recently as 2008 and David and Gillian are still very much Mulder and Scully in the minds of the public and fans alike. I'm not sure enough distance has been put between them and the characters the play for a reboot to work. They only was I can see it working is to go the way of season nine and introduce two younger FBI agents to continue what they started but I'm not sure the fans would take to that. We all know the problems CC had in getting the hardcore philes to accept Doggett and Reyes.

I'm firmly of the opinion that it should be XF3 with DD and GA and CC. It's their story, it hasn't been concluded and they deserve to tell the final chapter as much as the fans deserve to see it Fox believe it can work. Once that's done they can look at rebooting it as and when they like in my opinion.

Eth

Guest WaveCrest

I'm firmly of the opinion that it should be XF3 with DD and GA and CC. It's their story, it hasn't been concluded and they deserve to tell the final chapter as much as the fans deserve to see it Fox believe it can work. Once that's done they can look at rebooting it as and when they like in my opinion.

Eth

Agreed. Their story is unfinished and needs to be completed. People on the whole still associate Mulder and Scully with The X Files.