FedCon 2011

Rate this topic

Guest teedub

Now this is great news. Germany is doable for me but I'm still holding on to see if he comes to the UK in 2011. It will have been three years at that point so we may well be due a visit. That said, I notice Garrett Wang is hosting the event and I'm a bit of a Voyager junkie so that would be a nice opportunity to see him as well.

Thanks for sharing Teedub!

Eth

Guest Sidewinder

AWESOME! Thanks so much for sharing! I was at the FedCons website about two days ago and there was no word about Lance. I can't believe it... Remind me to breath...

I am officially excited! It won't be my first FedCon but the first within the last 15 years I think. Saw William Shatner the last time. And Garret Wang. Even though I'm more into TNG and DS9 (sorry Eth :oneeyedwinK ) he was a really nice guy, very giving to the fans.

Turn to Voyager Sidewinder, resistance is futile. :whistling: Truth be told I think I am one of the few who prefers that show over all the others and it has nothing to do with anyone in a silver catsuit I can assure you. I noticed Marine Sirtis on the list as well and I'm seriously contemplating whether or not to get a plane ticket to this event.

That said, if I can't go would you be willing to share pictures with us?

Eth

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sidewinder

In case that is of some interest: the FedCon XX will also have appearances by Tony Amendola, Sean Maher (Firefly!), Paul McGillion, "Boba Fett" Jeremy Bulloch (also starring in Robin of Sherwood, Dr. Who, James Bond…) and Richard Dean Anderson! Yes, MacGyver- or Col. Jack O'Neill for the younger audience. Since he's pretty much retired and not a usual guest on conventions this is great news if you ask me.

I will keep you updated on 1013-related new guests or something Lance-specific.

I recall Richard Dean Anderson issuing a really harsh sounding press release one year when certain conventions expressed an interest in having him attend or signalled their intention to invite. It basically said that he would be doing one convention that year and anything that was heard to the contrary was false. The strange thing about it was that the conventions he was referring to only responded to the requests of fans who said they'd like to see him by stating that they would at least try.

It was all very odd.

Thanks to Sidewinder for keeping us all updated!!!

Eth

Guest Sidewinder

I guess they acted very wise combining RDA's appearence with a charity-auction.

we are also very proud to bring along Richard Dean Anderson's very own supported charity, 'The Sea Shepherd Conservation Society' and it´s founder Captain Paul Watson to FedCon!

That's probably the thing they catched him with. Well in the end I don't care as long as he will be there. :oneeyedwinK

Shame it's only a sci-fi convention. Only interested in seeing RDA and Lance of course. Would be still interesting going somewhere else than just the US for conventions. After all, I have the complete MacGyver series boxset which included all the TV movies as well. The video/audio quality may not be great, but I'm sure am happy to have it all...I've still haven't gone through all the seasons, I think I'm on season six now...