FedCon 2011

Rate this topic

Guest teedub

I've been looking at my Lance signatures and they vary from item to item. The older ones I have from his pre-Millennium days are very legible but the ones I got from Collectormania are a little loose but then if I had to same my name hundreds of times in one day I would go for some sort of barely-legible, but quick, squiggle.

I really want to get my Wire In The Blood boxed sets signed by Robson Green but that isn't going to happen as he doesn't do conventions. I got a stack of Big Finish audios signed by Paul McGann this year which was high on my wishlist and I need a whole host of Trek autographs but some of the names I am looking for never come to the UK. Trying to get Jennifer Lien's is a nightmare as she has now retired from acting which is a further problem.

Eth

Guest WaveCrest

Lee van Cleef... personaliced... What a dream... But in reality that's not gonna happen. Damn!

Well I know that's not going to happen because of the obvious. :oneeyedwinK I'm referring to a signed photo with just their signature and possibly a quote as well.

Guest WaveCrest

I really want to get my Wire In The Blood boxed sets signed by Robson Green but that isn't going to happen as he doesn't do conventions. I got a stack of Big Finish audios signed by Paul McGann this year which was high on my wishlist and I need a whole host of Trek autographs but some of the names I am looking for never come to the UK. Trying to get Jennifer Lien's is a nightmare as she has now retired from acting which is a further problem.

Eth

That would be great to get Robson Green's autograph, but I agree that it would be very unlikely he would do a convention.

Would love to get Gary Cole's autograph, for American Gothic and especially Midnight Caller.

Guest Sidewinder

Would love to get Gary Cole's autograph, for American Gothic and especially Midnight Caller.

Yet another thing we have in common: Gary Cole was brilliant in American Gothic! Loved that show and had a re-watch with my girlfriend a few weeks before. Thanks for the DVD-set!

Id rather like Caroline Munro's signature as she is such a memorable part of British horror and genre for me. Now she does do the conventions so why I haven't ever come across her I don't know. I would lover to sign my copy of Maniac. That would be superb. I wouldn't mind Barbara Bain and Martin Landau from Space 1999/Mission Impossible as well and I'd get Barbara to sign my Season 3 of Millennium whilst I was at it. I'm sure she wouldn't mind. :closedeyes:

Eth

Guest Sidewinder

Id rather like Caroline Munro's signature as she is such a memorable part of British horror and genre for me.

Ah, Hammer-Horror, my favourites :oneeyedwinK Have you seen "Captain Kronos - Vampire Hunter"? Extremly cool movie. "Blade", "Buffy" etc. are all inspired by that one!

What would I give to get a signature from Cushing and Lee on a Dracula-poster...? A lot!

Guest WaveCrest

Id rather like Caroline Munro's signature as she is such a memorable part of British horror and genre for me. Now she does do the conventions so why I haven't ever come across her I don't know. I would lover to sign my copy of Maniac. That would be superb. I wouldn't mind Barbara Bain and Martin Landau from Space 1999/Mission Impossible as well and I'd get Barbara to sign my Season 3 of Millennium whilst I was at it. I'm sure she wouldn't mind. :closedeyes:

Eth

Caroline Munro is one of the nicest people you could meet at a convention/signing event. Highly recommended. :thumbsup:

The most memorable person I've seen at a convention has been Elizabeth Rohm. She was at Collectormania a few years back. She's been in Angel, but what I went to see her for was her role in Law & Order. Very chatty and friendly, the ideal guest at a convention/signing event.

Regarding Mission: Impossible, would like to get autographs from Peter Lupus, Sam Elliot, Lesley Ann Warren, Lynda Day George, Barbara Anderson, Terry Markwell and Jane Badler.

Mary McCormack is someone I'd like to see announced for a UK convention, but I doubt she'd do a convention. Plus, she's busy with In Plain Sight at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sidewinder

New starguests, dear friends, new starguests!

They dropped the next three names and here they are:

• Dirk Benedict (well known as "Faceman" from the original A-Team and as the original Starbuck; personally I like the new, sexy one more :oneeyedwinK )
  • Carel Struycken (the big guy , always casted as a...well, huge, big guy. Or tall alien as in Star Trek)
  • last not least another cutie: Nicole De Boer from Star Trek DS9's final season and off courseTV's The Dead Zone!

Here's the source-link: https://www.fedcon.de...emid=78&lang=en

Guest Sidewinder

Would Carel Struychen be the actor who played The Giant in Twin Peaks?

You're right, he was the TP-Giant. And Butler Lurch in the 1991 Adams Family-movie.