FedCon 2011

Rate this topic

Guest teedub

Really, was it 30 dollars at Texas Frightmare? I'm pretty sure it was 20 or 25...then again, I don't have the best memory. I guess George Romero was 25 dollars as well...

But yes, Malcolm McDowell was 25 dollars at HorrorHound, and that was just the signature, and there was a special professional photo session for him and select others. Same with Linda Blair (the autograph price), a photo with her cost another 25 dollars, if you wanted. That's a lot.

So, the celeb always decides what he charges...I'm shocked to read that Lance is charging 40 $ for an autograph + picture. That's too much if you ask me. I probably wouldn't complain if the dollar was something along the lines it was in the mid-90's. But now, that's just sad to hear.

Mark, was it 40 dollars for signature and 40 dollars separate for photo as well...oh my...if true.

Hi Josef,

Yes, it was $40 each my friend. I can't find the link to the original Blog post that I had seen that had discussed this but I did find another reference to it at a DeviantArt Blog and elsewhere. Apparently it was FanExpo in Canada.

The thing about going Friday is that many of the bigger name celebrities are only there Saturday or Sunday. This is not a big deal to me as I do not care for standing hours in line for autographs and I never know what to say. I was so tongue-tied when I met Timothy Zahn, I was all OMG!OMG!. Mind you he had shown up at my hotel door, but still. My ex-bf still laughs about it. Anyway, I still like to have a look at the celebrities, at 7:30 I arrived at the autograph area. Batman stars Adam West and Julie Newmar were there. He looked pretty old, she looked great for her age. Lance Henriksen was charging $40 for his autograph while everyone else was charging $30. Dean Stockwell was away from the table doing photos and Stan Lee had been there earlier.

Source: https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:jWdrX9MLGncJ:karacat.deviantart.com/journal/+lance+henriksen+%2440+photograph&cd=9&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

Still, I'd much sooner pay $40 for Lance's signature that $60 for James Marsters. No offence James. :whistling:

Eth

Really, was it 30 dollars at Texas Frightmare? I'm pretty sure it was 20 or 25...then again, I don't have the best memory. I guess George Romero was 25 dollars as well...

Josef, maybe he gave you a discount 'cause he knows you. :thumbsup:

Yep, Stephen Lo took $30 off me, though I did not use one of the provided pictures or take a photo with Lance. That was Friday evening. When I came back Sunday morning to get a photo with Lance, Stephen only charged me $5.

but I did find another reference to it at a DeviantArt Blog and elsewhere. Apparently it was FanExpo in Canada.

Off-topic, but are you a deviantART member, Mark? I've been for years. Just curious.

No I'm not Teedub. I somewhat devoid of talent unfortunately but it is the only thing I lack lol I do love the place though and browse regularly. Some of the talent on offer is absolutely superb and it's an amazing resource for Photoshop brushes and the like which people make and share for nothing. Long live DeviantArt.

Now apparently Wez Craven is annoying folks at conventions a little. He has become a lot looser with his signature which I'm told now resembles a zig-zag that almost anyone could do. I guess it renders the whole thing a little pointless if it doesn't look like a unique monogram.

I remember back in the days of Madonna Fandom and she would get her assistant to sign her name. It's a nightmare sometimes trying to ascertain if you have a genuine signature or one signed by Caresse Henry. Shame on you Miss M.

David Duchovny is high on my wishlist at the moment but I want a personalised signature rather than something of Ebay. I have Gillian's but not David's. Annabeth Gish would be nice as well.

Sorry about the stream of consciousness style of the reply there folks... :oneeyedwinK

Eth

Huh, I guess it was 30 bucks then....I don't have my list with me (I throw it away when I'm back home), what I spent (very handy to note down what you're spending when you're abroad, especially when you have only so much cash with you). If that's the case, then that's the most expensive I've got to date...George Romero, was he over the 30 dollars limit, I don't remember...

I only got Lance's sig at Frightmare. I could barely afford that. It was the end of the month and I had very little money. Had to pawn my dvd player to have gas money to drive to Dallas.

I've gotten three signatures from him this year. Two of them, the Henriksen is only an "H" and a line. The other is "Hen" and a line. But I can't talk. Over the years I've gotten lazy and gone from "Wilson" to "Wil" and a line. And I'm not even famous.:whistling:

Guest WaveCrest

I prefer to get autographs in person as I know it's the actor/actress etc. who has signed it and not someone else. I try not to get autographs via the post if I can. Would love to get some people's autographs, but it's highly unlikely that they will attend a UK convention/signing event (like Mike Connors). And then there are getting autographs by deceased actors/actresses etc. Would love to get a genuine Jack Lord, Lee Van Cleef and Donald Pleasance signed photo.

Guest Sidewinder

Lee van Cleef... personaliced... What a dream... But in reality that's not gonna happen. Damn!

Anyway. I just had to give my signatures by Lance a look. There's a clear "Lan" but the "ce" is looking like a "g". Henriksen is just a "H" followed by a line. The second autograph looks better. There is a clear "Lance" and- well, the same as before. "H"line. But both personalised and with little adds.