FedCon 2011

Rate this topic

Guest teedub

Nicole De Boer eh? I never was a fan of DS9 and thought Ezri was a poor replacement for Jadzia but I love her in 'Cube' and she was great in The Dead Zone. She's become something of a genre regular so I'm sure I could find something for her to sign. Dirk Benedict is great. He will always be Starbuck to me and I would love his signature.

Carel Struycken has to be one of the most distinctive people in the business. I rather liked him as Homn in ST:THG, the sort of silent comedy foil to the ridiculous Lwaxana Troi.

Thanks for the updates folks.

Eth

Guest Sidewinder

Nicole De Boer eh? I never was a fan of DS9 and thought Ezri was a poor replacement for Jadzia but I love her in 'Cube' and she was great in The Dead Zone. She's become something of a genre regular so I'm sure I could find something for her to sign. Dirk Benedict is great. He will always be Starbuck to me and I would love his signature.

Carel Struycken has to be one of the most distinctive people in the business. I rather liked him as Homn in ST:THG, the sort of silent comedy foil to the ridiculous Lwaxana Troi.

Thanks for the updates folks.

Eth

That's a 100% agree. Nicole did okay in DS9 but her character simply was a poor replacement wich shows. Not her fault but she's the victim of it. So I was very surprised when I discovered her performances in Cube and Dead Zone. Very well done and though she's worth a sign and talk for me. :oneeyedwinK

And because I'm possibly the only person who never saw the entire Twin Peaks Struycken to me is best known for Mr. Homm. Very funny part.

Regarding Benedict... Nice guy but it's a shame that I will never get the chance to collect all four signatures. George Peppard- wouldn't that be great?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sidewinder

Update today: a classic, a remake, a sister

From the Star Trek: Classic-series comes guest star ARLENE MARTEL

Born 1936 in New York she is best known as Spock's vulcan bride in the episode "Amok Time". She can also be seen in the classic Battlestar Galactica (ep. "Adulteress 58"), Rockford files, Columbo (2 times) and other TV-shows like Hogan's Heroes (7 times) and movies.

From the new Battlestar Galactica comes KATE VERNON ("Ellen Tigh")

The Canadian actress also was in Voyager (Capt. Valerie Arche in "In the Flesh"), the Kindred-pilot, two eps of Heroes, two eps CSI, two eps Outer Limits and seven eps Nash Bridges. And 25 times in Falcon Crest. :oneeyedwinK

Another (and if you ask me cute) Canadian ist KATE HEWLETT, sister to Stargate: Atlantis-star David. She guest stared four times there, was in Flashpoint, Psych and her brothers' directorial debut movie A dog's breakfast.

A veritable rogues gallery of genre 'identifiables' there. I can pretty much identify all of them from their respective roles. Martel is certainly very memorable from her Star Trek appearance and I can also recall her bring in Bewitched if I am not very much mistaken. Kate Vernon also put on a great turn as a masquerading Species 8472 in Voyager. Thanks for keeping us informed, this looks set to be a great convention.

Eth

Guest Sidewinder

Right. But I kinda miss some british actors. They don't have to travel that much so I always thought this would make it easier. Anyway; I'm looking forward to see another "new" episode from "The Avengers" 18.00 today. They show these eps from season 2 for the first time now!

Guest Sidewinder

The following information is a little bit off topic; hope it's okay.

I just got notice of another event in Germany next year. There will be a 1. SignMania event and even though it's without Lance Henriksen there will be a few guests worth coming: Jenette Goldstein , Ricco Ross and Carrie Henn (aside genre icon Michael Ironside and others). One thing's for sure; I will go to FedCon with a DVD-set and/or poster of Aliens, get my signature from Lance and after that I will go to the SignMania (it's not that far from me, just 1 1/2 hour with the car) and catch the signs from Jenette, Ricco and Carrie. Yeah!

Now all I need is a nice poster artwork from Aliens, hm?

For further information just check out the official website (available in English): https://www.signmania.de/en/guestlist.html

Carrie Henn bless her. It must be awesome for these people who aren't really names or industry notables to raise a little pocket money and have a further fifteen minutes of fame thanks to the conventions. I bet she never guessed that that role she had as child would one day become a decent source of income for her. I wouldn't mind her signature, I have Lance's and Janette's so she would be a welcome addition. Apparently she's a teacher these days and had no intention of ever making a career for herself in the acting biz despite giving such a memorable performance as a child.

Eth

https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/3620/whatever_happened_to_carrie_henn.html

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sidewinder

Little FedCon-update with a new guest: Star Trek TNG's "genius kid" Wil Wheaton alias "Wesley Crusher" has confirmed his attendance. The 38 years old is also known for guest starring in shows like "The Big Band Theory", "Leverage" and "Eureka".

Personal note: I wasn't a big fan of Wesley. Just an annoying genius kid. But Wil was great in the Stephen King-movie "Stand by me". I still get wet eyes watching the movie.

I wasn't a fan of Wesley Crusher at all and he did become something of a hate figure amongst TNG fans and the wider SciFi community generally. I do, however, sympathise with Wil Wheaton who I think could well have had a promising career (as you mention, Stand By Me is superb) but any serious chance of such a thing was tainted by that role. Probably more so than any other member of the TNG cast, he will always be his character. I find it very hard to divorce him from the role.

One thing I can give him a great deal of credit for is his proud advocacy of the nerd/geek community of which he has been a vocal part of for many years. Good for you Wil, geeks rule!

That said, I'm not sure I would wait in line for an autograph. :oneeyedwinK

Thanks for sharing Sidewinder,

Eth