FedCon 2011

Rate this topic

Guest teedub

Guest Sidewinder

It's time for a big update on that event. Sad news first: there are two cancelled guest: Teryl Rothery ("Stargate") and Gigi Edgley ("Farscape").

But the good news are the two new guests: Robert Duncan McNeill from "Star Trek: Voyager" and Scott Bakula, "Star Trek: Enterprise"s Captain and former Star of "Quantum Leap". Aside Richard Dean Anderson and Lance Henriksen Bakula is certainly a really big gueststar here and I'm looking forward to see him in person.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Sidewinder

It's only 24 hours until FedCon is opening their doors. I admit being a little nervous. But I'm looking forward to see Lance again. I hope we'll have some time to talk. At least he will do two panels, autograph-signing and a fotoshooting.

Guest teedub

I've only seen him twice, but both times he always took 3-4 minutes with every person at his table to talk to them during the autograph sessions.

As for being nervous, I've barely been able to remember my name around him, but I'm shy in general.

Guest Sidewinder

I will make it short and simple: wow. A little more detail? Okay. The four days of FedCon are over, Lance is back in the States, the Lance Henriksen Blogathon started today... There is a lot going on right now. As on my part I'm still a little tired but still excited about all the things that happened at FedCon. Off course there will be a much more detailed report about the Convention coming soon. I also think about contributing to the Blogathon in some way. I just haven't decided how and if a snippet of my recent interview will be a part of it. Let me get some (more) sleep and my thoughts will be a little more accurate.

If there are already questions about Lance on FedCon; don't hesitate to ask. :oneeyedwinK

Guest thadarkside

I will make it short and simple: wow. A little more detail? Okay. The four days of FedCon are over, Lance is back in the States, the Lance Henriksen Blogathon started today... There is a lot going on right now. As on my part I'm still a little tired but still excited about all the things that happened at FedCon. Off course there will be a much more detailed report about the Convention coming soon. I also think about contributing to the Blogathon in some way. I just haven't decided how and if a snippet of my recent interview will be a part of it. Let me get some (more) sleep and my thoughts will be a little more accurate.

If there are already questions about Lance on FedCon; don't hesitate to ask. :oneeyedwinK

any footage of him doing his Q&A?

Guest Sidewinder

Sorry, not yet. Also filming was forbitten during the Q&A's so probably we'll have to wait until the release of the Con-DVD. There will be a 3-disc-set with almost 600 min. running time. I keep you informed as soon as there is any news.

Guest Herr Doktor Schlossburg

OK, here's what pissed me off to no end (and that's putting it mildly...)

I wanted to have my picture taken with Lance. However, since I did not want to be so rude to just walk out during some actors' Q&A session (which started about 10 minutes late, since the management insisted on showing those godforsaken trailers), I arrived at about 15:10 (the photo session was scheduled for 15:00). From what I gathered at the timetable, these photo sessions usually last about 30 minutes. So I figured that being 10 minutes late shouldn't pose that great a problem. Well, guess what: apparently not too many people wanted to have their picture taken with Lance, so they decided to finish early. No picture for me! Ten minutes, for chrissakes! MY ten minutes THEY wasted with their idiotic trailers!

The lesson to be learned? Courtesy doesn't pay off!

Guest Sidewinder

OK, here's what pissed me off to no end (and that's putting it mildly...)

I wanted to have my picture taken with Lance. However, since I did not want to be so rude to just walk out during some actors' Q&A session (which started about 10 minutes late, since the management insisted on showing those godforsaken trailers), I arrived at about 15:10 (the photo session was scheduled for 15:00). From what I gathered at the timetable, these photo sessions usually last about 30 minutes. So I figured that being 10 minutes late shouldn't pose that great a problem. Well, guess what: apparently not too many people wanted to have their picture taken with Lance, so they decided to finish early. No picture for me! Ten minutes, for chrissakes! MY ten minutes THEY wasted with their idiotic trailers!

The lesson to be learned? Courtesy doesn't pay off!

Damn shame, I'm sorry to hear that. But I was afraid that something like that will happen when I heared about early endings the first time. They made that with a lot of fotoshootings. If there was a short line they ended the shootings earlier.

Guest Sidewinder

Sorry, still no video from the Q&A. But... here is a video-report about the whole convention (jap, in German). Lance appears after... well, there is no timecode. It's at 60% through the vid. He talks about "Why a Millennium-movie". And don't miss the outtakes at the end of the video.

• 2 months later...