Thirteen Years Later

Rate this topic

• Elders (Moderators)

Having worked on the transcript, and gone over some of the lines several times, I've only just spotted this one:

ROWDY (the "director"): Oh my god. They killed Niederman. Niederman’s dead.

And Niederman's first name is ..... ?

Oh dear, oh dear.

There are a couple of other things in this episode, but I'm not sure whether these are just in-jokes or whatever:

The clapper board shown early in the episode is upside down. It has the name of the first "director" - Lew Carroll - which may be a nod to Lewis Carroll of Alice in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass fame. It also has the name of the "cameraman" who is "Sluvap Enitnelav", which backwards spells Valentine Pavuls who is the assistant property manager on Millennium, and may also be a nod to the Looking Glass.

Actually, now I think about it, seeing this episode as a nod to Alice Through the Looking Glass makes it a much more attractive episode than I first thought. In my mind, it's moving from "embarrassing" to "weird".

It has another redeeming feature in that I think I kinda like KISS. (Or is that a sign that I've finally lost it?) :rofl:

...nice eye! the only one i caught was the reference to Valentine when i did the complete episode credits-transcription guide last year. ...while i certainly never thought the episode as embarrassing it is one of the weaker eps in the canon.

se7en :ouro:

Guest ModernDayMoriarty

The whole episode is, in my opinion, a satire about Millennium itself, in particular Season Two. It is almost a rebuttal to 'Jose Chung's...' from S2 which is partially a satire of S1.