Bones VS Castle

Rate this topic

ethsnafu

Over at 'Grab My Remote' you guys have an opportunity to vote for which of the two franchises, Bones or Castle, did the better XF homage. Now, just to prove we fans of all things Lance Henriksen are a discerning, objective bunch I am urging you to head on over and vote for Castle whether you have seen either episode or none at all. You got to stick together right folks? Here's what they have to say....

BONES and CASTLE often draw comparisons to each other.

Both shows have Whedon-alumni as leading men. Both pair a writer with a member of law enforcement (though on BONES, Brennan’s primary job is in forensic anthropology) to solve quirky crimes.

And yes, with tonight’s episode of CASTLE paying homage to THE X-FILES, both shows have honored the sci-fi series in the past calendar year. (BONES aired ‘The X in the File’ last January).

So, which show did it better?

This is where you come in.

Did you prefer BONES’ special guest star Dean Haglund (formerly of THE X-FILES) or CASTLE’s Lyle Lovett and Lance Henrickson (formerly of MILLENNIUM)? The corpse’s X-FILES ringtone on BONES or Castle repeatedly whistling the tune?

Vote below, deciding which drama did their X-FILES homage best and defend your choice in the comments!

Head on over to the link below folks and make your mark for our man Lance.

Eth

https://www.givememyremote.com/remote/2010/11/16/bones-vs-castle-who-did-their-x-files-homage-better/

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

Oh im a huge Castle fan from the beginning. :) Castle always gets my vote and this episode is suberb! I wish they had more episodes like this one. :) CASTLE wins!!!! :)

Laura :)

Oh I voted Castle and I haven't seen the episode yet. A fan's gotta do what a fan's gotta do. :whistling: If the fact that three big shows have paid homage to XF in last few years is this not the biggest indication ever that interest in the franchise is still very much alive and well? C'mon Fox, give the third movie the green light. You know you want to.

Eth

Guest Sidewinder

Done.

Like "Castle" more. "Bones" is a light show to watch but somehow it didn't got to be one of my favs. "Castle" also isn't something with a deeper meaning to it but I just have more fun watching it.

Guest Charger

The X in the File was a good one...I liked it...they even managed to put in the X Files Theme...not to mention Dean Haglund was pretty good...although his role was really small...part from the surprise ending.

But as far as shows go....I have to say I like Castle better...mainly because of Nathan Fillion, he is sooo much better than Boreanaz...

A far as I know there are three shows in recent times that have paid homage to the X-Files. Fringe, Bones and Castle and now it seems Supernatural is about to do the same tomorrow night.

When the episode, 'Clap Your Hands If You Believe,' was in the planning stages, "we decided to do an alien abduction as the teaser, and we immediately thought to do the title sequence," Gamble said.

"It would be hard to find someone working on the show who isn't an 'X-Files' fan," Gamble continued. "It was especially fun to put together the homage because 'Supernatural' does owe a real creative debt of gratitude to the show; I think the whole current generation of genre shows does."

This is getting to be something of a fad with showrunners of late. I do hope Fox is paying attention. To read more about the episode, visit the link below.

https://www.tvovermind.com/cable/thecw/supernatural-tv-news/supernatural-sneak-peek-nod-xfiles/39204

Eth

• 3 weeks later...

This is a nice article folks. It takes a look at the recent homages from Supernatural, Psych and Castle and compares them and, of course, there is a mention of our man Lance Henriksen though I don't agree with them that he appeared in Castle as an homage to Millennium I do give them kudos for remembering the show all the same.

Eth

https://www.tv.com/reflecting-on-castle-supernatural-and-psychs-fun-filled-television-homages-of-tv-shows-past/webnews/222522.html