By The Numbers: 4

Rate this topic

Guest Snapper

Pick your favorite  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

...."Kingdom Come" wins by a hair over "Closure". ...monster is very good though extremely predictible and somewhat generic.

~se7en :ouro:

Guest Chascarrillo

This one had me racking my brains. They're all fairly solid, but in the end it went to the one that sticks in my mind the most, "Monster". It's a very memorable way to introduce a new regular character, the story is appropriately daring, and dang it if you don't think that Frank Black might be flipping out.

"Kingdom Come"'s plot is probably a bit more thematic and better written, but Lindsay Crouse cannot act out of a David Mamet movie. The dry, monotone delivery works when you have a story that hinges on heavy dialogue, but here it just falls flat. It's really quite embarassing. Still, chills abound.

The main problem with "Closure" is that it's just not a memorable episode. It's certainly a good ride, but looking back, it doesn't stand out save as one of the best early episodes of season three. In its defense, I should note that it marks the third appearance of an actor to move onto a main role on HBO's 'Deadwood' (here Garret Dillahunt - the ubermacho guy; season one saw Brad Dourif in "Force Majeure" and John Hawkes in "The Judge").

Edited by Chascarrillo

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

Three great episodes, but "Monster" stands out as my favorite for many reasons. First, if I am not mistaken, it introduces us to Lara Means, who is not only my second favorite character on the show, but one of the most beautiful, interesting, intelligent, and overall yummy actresses (and characters) to grace the television screen. As for the episode, it was one of my favorites, and one of the best from that season. I can't wait to see it again, but due to the fact that none of the cable stations seem interested in picking up this show, I will have to wait until season 2 comes out on DVD. The little blonde girl was definitely one of the creepiest characters the show has had. Of the three, "Closure" would have to be my second favorite. That was one of the more exciting and adrenaline pumping episodes. There was a lot of action, but not at the expense of quality writing, as seems to be the case with a lot of the action flicks you see at the movies these days. :jumping:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Snapper

Monster is a genuinelly creepy hour of tv, one that renewed my commitment to the show after a couple of mediocre episodes.

Kingdome Come is good enough, yet it still felt formulaic. Curious as it was the 4 episode ever.

Closure is not good enough. I'm convinced that whoever wrote it, did so for some other show. Un-Millennium like.

Guest LucyButler2000

The first two (kingdom Come & Monster) are pretty darned close to equals on my favorites list, but that ending in Kingdom Come really pushed it over the edge for me!