By The Numbers: 4

Rate this topic

Guest Snapper

Pick your favorite  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

That's a tough one! "Kingdom Come" is very original but has some gaps. "Monster" introduces new character but as someone said, it is quite predictive episode. "Closure", although it doesn't especially fit to Millennium (rather The X-Files), is something I could compare with the finest episodes of standalone The X-Files' episodes. And this is my choice for this poll ;)

.......i agree that Closure is an outstanding episode and very much in the mold of a classic MM-episode. It's also a very good depiction of spree-killers, which, up tp that time was not really explored in any real fashion yet. Asi said it was a tough choice and K.C. won by just a hiar.

~se7en :ouro:

Just rewatched Monster and it was even better than I remembered. So the choice is easy. Kingdom Come and Closure are pretty average (except Closure has a great musical score).

..........yeah, that is a helluva score on closure. I'm actually starting to, "somewhat", regret my choice as closure was really the only episode of the series to deal with spree-killers.-(i don't count 13-years later cos' it's a spoof, really)- Also like the nice little directorial touches, and the audio, of the bullit shots and such.

~se7en

.....what's kinda weird is that the director, Daniel Sackeim, was an old Law & Order vet from the early years. Then he went and worked briefly on MM S3 as prod. and directed one ep then went to work on HR. Who knew he was that versatile? Granted, i don't think Closure is a masterwork of the series but it's definitely a very good, above average ep for me.

~se7en :ouro:

Guest ModernDayMoriarty

Closure.

A very valuable episode to understanding who Emma Hollis is and what reasons she could have for later joining the MLM group. A good exploration of the spree killer and an alien mindset with the added bonus that it makes for great TV too. 'Kingdom Come', whilst many would argue should be the obvious winner, really isn't that great in terms of an overall episode. It's quite boring in places and there is exactly zero screen compatability between Frank and Ardis (who doesn't really do anything anyway). It does have the electric scene at the end which is so good that people tend to recall it as being better than it really is. 'Monster' is a terrible episode, one of the few MLM I don't really watch if I can at all help it. It isn't scary, it isn't powerful... just a failure of an episode really.

• 1 month later...
Guest TragicWhiteKnight

'Monster', by an apocalyptic landslide.

Sure, the 'evil child' plot may not be the series' most original but it's got some of the most memorable scenes of the show:

- Lara's introduction on the plane

- Catherine & Peter tension

- Frank & Jordan in the shoe-store, followed by the abuse allegations

- And..BEST TEASER EVER!

'Kingdom Come' had a nice idea but travelled a well-worn S1 path.

I'm just watching Season 3 for the first time. 'Closure' came up yesterday. If I didn't own the DVDs, and I didn't love the series, I would have turned it off after 5 minutes. Inept in every possible aspect; completely out of touch with anything the first two seasons stood for, useless Frank, dull killers and a story centred around the vacuum that is Agent Hollis (I'm only up to 'Skull And Bones' now, where she slightly improved, but I'm still hating her a lot). And I liked the CGI bullet thing in the X-Files' 'Rush' but here it was just overkill. The best thing was seeing Lt Discher from Monk as the bumbling biker. If he fell over and did some Monk-y slapstick, maybe the episode wouldn't have been so painfully dull.

• 1 month later...

Monster while the plot itself was predictable it was the side events that I felt were the strenght of this ep... the shoe salesman.. franks frustration ... Jordan's whining and frank yelling at her to 'chill' ... Frank being arrested for posible child abuse.. it all wove together the stress of the family being separated and gone from the yellow house. :ouro::smokin: