Smoking Link

Rate this topic

Guest Xircuits

Guest Xircuits

I was wondering if anyone ever noticed the smoking link between Chris Carter's TV series. In the X-Files it was the Cigarette Smoking Man and in MillenniuM it was Lara Means puffing away. I have yet to watch Harsh Realm. Can anyone tell me if there's someone there that smokes a lot of cigarettes?

Was Chris Carter a person who used to smoke, but quit? Or is he a smoker?

Guest fledgling666

from what i hear, lance is a smoker. also, annabeth gish's character in the last season of the x-files was a smoker. chris carter doesn't strike me as the smoking type, being a smoker myself, but what i did gather is that he sorta saw it as a bad thing, being that most of the characters in the x-files that were less thatn wholesome, were smokers. in millennium, the lines are always a little more blurred.

Guest Xircuits

Lance USED to smoke. He quit shortly after MillenniuM or even during the third season of Millennium. If you will notice carefully, he plumped up a bit during that time period. ;-)

But he did get back on the "pack a day" routine to get the gruffness that is Charles Bishop Weyland in AvP.

I'm not sure if he continues to smoke now. I hope he stopped after AvP. I don't want to see him get sick.

Guest fledgling666

in "the making of" avp, he said he had to take a smoke break at one point, so i gather he still smokes, i don't see someone purposefully smoking just to alter his voice somewhat for a film, although, lance does do some things behind the scenes that are considered above and beyond what is normally expected of an actor, i still doubt he could start, stop and start and stop again and stop again simply for the film's or series' benefit. i think he smokes. i think he maybe tried to stop and maybe was successful for a while, and slipped back into it, if your times are correct for when he was and wasn't smoking.

Guest chrisnu
Lance USED to smoke. He quit shortly after MillenniuM or even during the third season of Millennium. If you will notice carefully, he plumped up a bit during that time period. ;-)

But he did get back on the "pack a day" routine to get the gruffness that is Charles Bishop Weyland in AvP.

I did notice. :smokin: I also noticed that Lance appeared thinner in AVP.

.......actually during my interviews with Sarah-Jane Redmond for the MM-Guide-Book it appears that he did not quit smoking as she, more than once, referred to them going off-set for a chat and a smoke between scenes/takes.

~cheers,

se7en :ouro:

.....the interview in which those statements were made was conducted March/04 by myself and was actually referencing the S3 ep "Antipas" as well as S1-"Lamentation". ....my feeling was he just cut back and never actually did quite smoking at all. -(I thought he had quite too until i started working on the guide and discovering other resources, conducting interviews, etc. now i'm not so sure. not that i'm slaming him; i too unfortunately still smoke.) >>>but i reckon only Lance really knows the answer to that one!-(and i doubt i'll be interviewing him for the guide-book anytime soon! :cry: .)

~take care! see ya all sunday night :bye-big:

~se7en

from what i hear, lance is a smoker. also, annabeth gish's character in the last season of the x-files was a smoker. chris carter doesn't strike me as the smoking type, being a smoker myself, but what i did gather is that he sorta saw it as a bad thing, being that most of the characters in the x-files that were less thatn wholesome, were smokers. in millennium, the lines are always a little more blurred.

And then there was that whole X-Files "Brand X" thing. With the tobaco beatles. :puke: