Sarah-Jane Redmond Audio Competition

Rate this topic

ethsnafu

:Laie_94: MERRY CHRISTMAS! :Laie_94:

Well, not quite yet but it doesn't hurt to be getting into the festive spirit early does it? As Christmas is upon us we have already begun looking some fun things to do around Christmas time (if you didn't know about this then check out the Blackcoat Forum or ask to join if you are not a member) and we'd love you to to join us if you have ideas of your own. We are always looking for new and fun things we can do.

That said, Sarah-Jane Redmond has very kindly agreed to help us out this year and we have created a wonderful competition we hope ALL of you take the time to enter. We aren't going to release the details just yet but we can at least give you enough of an idea to get you thinking.

We want you to start thinking of ideas for a festive tail with a spooky theme that features Lucy Butler. How you do this is up to you. It can be a poem, a piece of prose, scripted dialogue - anything at all - you guys are the clever ones so put your thinking caps on. Start making your notes now and thinking of your ideas but try and keep the story relatively short, nothing more that five minutes is ideal.

We want you to submit your stories by the date we choose (details coming soon) and the winning entry will be recorded by Sarah Jane herself. That's right folks, her voice, your words. Now how exciting is that?

So put your thinking caps on and start coming up with your ideas and keep an eye on this thread for more concrete details when we have them.

Here's to a spooky Christmas folks,

Eth

• Like 1

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

Im so ready for this and pumped, im excited!!!!!!! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :) I have so many ideas but really working on a couple. :) SJR Rocks! :)

Laura :)

I hope everyone will have a go at this. It really is a superb opportunity to create something memorable and whoever the winner is will have a recording of their story read by the mighty Sarah-Jane Redmond. It doesn't come much better than that does it? I know there's a great deal of interest in this from Facebook as well and that's before we have begun to promote this properly so I hope it will be well subscribed to.

I'll get the dates and details to you by the end of the week at the latest folks.

Eth

• 2 weeks later...

midnightlucy.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen the time is near....Friday 17th December 00.00 GMT is the closing date for our exclusive festive competition and here are all the details you need to take part. We want you to write a short Christmas story with a chilling twist or theme and it has to feature Millennium's most memorable of villains, Lucy Butler. You can create something in prose, in rhyme or as a monologue - the format is completely up to you. All that we ask is that you be as creative as you can and keep it to around five minutes in length. Send all your submissions to me at markbhayden@gmail.com and make sure you include your name and a winner will be chosen from all those submitted and the story will be read and recorded by Sarah-Jane Redmond for you all to hear. I am sure you will agree that is an amazing opportunity to have your words read by a member of the Millennium cast and I know it will be a wonderful opportunity for everyone to hear the end result. There are signed pictures of Sarah-Jane as Lucy Butler for those whose entries come in second and third place so even if you don't win there is still everything to play for.

So get your thinking caps on and join with me in expressing your gratitude to Sarah-Jane Redmond for the kindness she has shown to us and for helping us make this Christmas one to remember for Millennium fans everywhere.

Good luck folks,

Eth

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

Will a pink fettle hat do as a thinking cap?? LOL Im sooooo excited for this, i cannot wait. :) I have been thinking about this one and i have come up with a very spooky idea. :) Thank you SJR, we love you!!! :)

Laura :)

The very best of luck to you Laura. We've had a lot of interest at Facebook as well so I am sure we will have some cracking entries and that whichever is picked will be a wonderful opportunity to have Lucy Butler back with us.

I can' wait to see what you guys come up with.

Eth

• Like 1

• 2 months later...