Where Is Franks House?

Rate this topic

In November my wife and I are going up to Seattle to see my brother. We are planning on going up to Vancouver also. I would love to find that yellow house where they filmed the show. I know after the first episode they changed houses. Does anyone know where or how i can find the houses...it would be sooo cool

To quote from the Millennium FAQ: "The fictitious address of the house is 1910 Ezekiel Drive, Seattle WA, 98924. The real house is located on the corner of Fourth Street and Fourth Avenue in New Westminster, British Columbia."

As you've noted, the DVD documentary explains that the house was changed after the pilot episode of the series was filmed. The yellow house you'll find at the corner of Fourth Street and Fourth Avenue in New Westminster is the house that was used to shoot the subsequent episodes of the series. That is to say that it was Frank Black's house for over two years on the series, beyond the pilot.

The house looks very much as we remember it. I have photographs of the house and neighborhood that were taken a year or so ago and it is as it was on our television screens.

could you post those picts. I would love to see them, I was wondering is the house still yellow, if I remember right, frank returned to the house and the new owners had painted it white, curious what color the real owners painted afterwards.

-MM

could you post those picts. I would love to see them, I was wondering is the house still yellow, if I remember right, frank returned to the house and the new owners had painted it white, curious what color the real owners painted afterwards.

-MM

Ditto! :thumbsup_big::yes_big::eyebrows_big:

I'll have to sit down, scan the photos in, and set-up an Abyss gallery page for those photographs but I'll get to it. The house remains yellow, painted as it was for the series. (I'm not sure how they shot "The Sound of Snow" but I'm assuming that they found a separate white house that closely resembled what they were looking for.) I'm away from my own personal computer at the moment but I'll get around to creating that photo gallery as soon as I can.

Guest F_Black

Hmmm. Didn't think so. Well, I used 'H' for Henry (that's his dad's name, right?) for my Hotmail account. Good as any, I think.

You know, something has been bothering me about the DVD, or rather, something that was said in the DVD Features. They made a point to say that Frank wasn't 'psychic' in any way. I'm not sure what they might have meant by that, and they sort of dodged the question in the interviews. They seemed to be saying that it's just his ability to put himself "in the mind of the killer, to become that which we fear the most" blah blah blah, as if he were just going inside himself for these "visions". But that doesn't make sense to me because:

A) He sees things in detail (e.g., the stuff that happened to the stripper inside the body bag in the pilot), not just general sorts of stuff.

B) He (along with his daughter) sees dead people ("Twilight of the Century").

Perhaps they are just trying to distance themselves from the tabloid sorts of 'psychics' to not cheapen the premise of the show, or maybe just to show that his gift is more complex than just seeing the killer's name, address, and serial number.

I think the origional intent was to do a story with a caracter who was as much like a real life profiler as possible..... And it just kind of metamorphasized.

The origional INTENTION of The X Files was to do a real life inspired paranormal show....and he was gonna have Scully be right as often as Mulder, but the powers that be wanted more sensationalizum, to get better ratings...so we ended up with creatures bursting from peoples chests, etc.... :devil01::alien: